Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    DonnaP, I made an afghan for my grand daughter when she was in high school. She was in the band so they did a lot of traveling. The afghan went along too. And everyone used it.
    Then when she went to college , she shared a house with other 5 people . I had made the afghan a little bigger than the pattern and a foot longer. So it worked as a blanket, wrap around and cover up. I made it with Red heart sport yarn and held 2 strands together. If I started with blue , I did 7 rows. Then changed one of the strands for the next color.
    7 rows of that then changed the blue for 2 strands of the second color. It came out as a beautiful rainbow. I did this in 2007. I asked her if I could borrow it last year so that I could get some yarn in the colors. It hasn't pilled and was looking as good as the time I made it. I had started putting the yarn on the edge for fringe then realized that wouldn't stay looking nice after so many washings so I added a few more strings and braided it. That held up looking nice , even better than I had hoped. I did it in a simple stitch, single crochet, chain one , single crochet. I wasn't happy about doing the 2 strands but after I saw how it was working out I really liked it. I remember getting the pattern out of a book but don't remember which one. And I haven't seen it since. Do you have a pattern picked out that you want to use? hope your's turns out as well as mine did. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OldEwe View Post
    Hello, our yardage is per skein.
    We deliver to the United States via DHL within 3-4 days.
    Crochet worsted yarn: https://oldewe.com/makrome.html/
    All worsted yarn: https://oldewe.com/yarn-by-weight/4-...fghan-worsted/
    Ok, thx! I thought that was right but wanted to be sure. I've never actually ordered yarn online before. I've actually been wanting to collect some dk weight, but not sure when I can actually afford it, but I like the pkg prices. I need to spend more time on your site, my computer was slow earlier.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas transplant View Post
    DonnaP, I made an afghan for my grand daughter when she was in high school. She was in the band so they did a lot of traveling. The afghan went along too. And everyone used it.
    Then when she went to college , she shared a house with other 5 people . I had made the afghan a little bigger than the pattern and a foot longer. So it worked as a blanket, wrap around and cover up. I made it with Red heart sport yarn and held 2 strands together. If I started with blue , I did 7 rows. Then changed one of the strands for the next color.
    7 rows of that then changed the blue for 2 strands of the second color. It came out as a beautiful rainbow. I did this in 2007. I asked her if I could borrow it last year so that I could get some yarn in the colors. It hasn't pilled and was looking as good as the time I made it. I had started putting the yarn on the edge for fringe then realized that wouldn't stay looking nice after so many washings so I added a few more strings and braided it. That held up looking nice , even better than I had hoped. I did it in a simple stitch, single crochet, chain one , single crochet. I wasn't happy about doing the 2 strands but after I saw how it was working out I really liked it. I remember getting the pattern out of a book but don't remember which one. And I haven't seen it since. Do you have a pattern picked out that you want to use? hope your's turns out as well as mine did. Margaret
    Wow, that yarn does hold up well!!!