Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Chergram, Around this time of the year, I start making angels and snowflakes in #10 thread. I give them to my friends at Christmas. The angels are usually 3 to 4 ins high. The heads are stuffed with cotton balls and are starched with white glue and water. I made bells one year but like the angels better. I have the patterns for both. I am like John, I have made my share of doilies, afghans, blankets and bedspreads, hats, scarves and you name it . I am 79, been crocheting since I was 11. I am left handed but follow all patterns. Annies Attic has two sets of angels in the catalog.
    Let me know if I can get the patterns to you. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Chergram - Traditionally thread crochet has been used to makes doilies, tablecloths, table runners, placemats, curtains, bedspreads, coasters, bookmarks, and collars. Then (years ago now) pattern books came out for making 3-D and flat Christmas ornaments. I have made a few amigurumi items with thread and some summer lace scarves; garments can be made too. I also ran across a woman on facebook that crochets thread antique-looking christening gowns & booties, and some people have used thread for crocheted jewelry - I've seen beautiful chokers. You can crochet over jewelry wire and make wonderful bracelets. People have made lace bowls and baskets. Take a look at pinterest, thread crochet, to get some ideas.

Jdgmar - Your work is terrific! Thank you so much for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Hello John,
    You are a VERY talented YOUNG man!! I say YOUNG because I am also 67!!! Thank you for sharing the photos of some of your work. I especially love the round table doily (photo #5). Can you tell me where I can find that pattern? Do you have a photo of the christening gown & hat you made? I would love to see that. Please share photos of your work with us. We all LOVE to see what each other makes.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

I am 99.99999% sure that the pattern for picture #5 came from the following site: myHq : Crochet Poet's Pattern Collection

As to pictures of the infant items I previously spoke of --- well just remember you asked for them LOL -- I was partial to the sneakers as shown in the second picture they and the christening items are in the first picture:

chergram - do you do thread crochet?-christening-set-jpg
    chergram - do you do thread crochet?-black-yellow-set-jpg
    chergram - do you do thread crochet?-blue-yellow-set-jpg
    chergram - do you do thread crochet?-blue-set-jpg
    chergram - do you do thread crochet?-green-yellow-set-jpg

Over the years I know I have made the odd crib blanket and I had never made any other newborn items. The christening set was something I made up as I went along with the exception of the cap which was from a pattern I found somewhere on the net. It was fun and I did loose count after making well in excess of 50 items. Some of my friends wanted multiple sets in different colored yarns which I was happy to do for them. The only thing I asked of my friends was that they paid for the yarn and that they come with me to the yarn store to pick out the colors they wanted. I have learned the hard way to never let pick out yarn without my approving of it -- it never fails they pick out something that is not appropriate for the item I am making for them.
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

Post Thanks / Like
    Jdgmar, John, I had to laugh at your comment about going with the person to get the yarn or thread. I took on the task of making blankets for a doctor. She bought the yarn . I went to get more because she hadn't bought enough. She had paid $50.00 a skein for a young baby blanket. You just don't use cashmere for infant baby blankets. I made the blankets, and I learned a lession. I never let someone else buy the yarn. And the cashmere didn't make up any better than Acrylic. I really like the things you have worked up. And your pictures came thru great.. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I learned my lesson when I made a everyday purse for a good friend who picked out some gosh awful specialty thread mostly made up of yarn that went from a thick width to
    something close to #10 crochet thread all in a span of about 3 feet. I did the job and it was the most difficult yarn to work with and the job took 3 times longer then exected. I should have refused to use her yarn but it was for a lady who helped me get care when she found me having a stroke....I kind of more then owe her a purse if you get my drift. Live and learn.
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am 99.99999% sure that the pattern for picture #5 came from the following site: myHq : Crochet Poet's Pattern Collection

Hello John, There are so many patterns on that site that it is hard to try to find a specific one without knowing the name of it. Would you happen to remember the name of the pattern?
    Thank you so much!!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I must apologize for having sent you on a goose chase. I had a little time this afternoon and braved going through my bankers box of completed patterns that I have amassed over the years and low and behold I found the pattern. Now that I have located the pattern, I have no idea where it came from and would be pleased to share it with you if you would give me your email address I will send it to you. I would just like to be sure that we are speaking of the same pattern. I am a attaching the photo of the pattern that I believe you are speaking of. If this is the pattern you liked and would like a copy of it please provide me your email in a private message and I will see what can be done <G>.
    Attached Images Attached Images chergram - do you do thread crochet?-table-cover-jpg 
    Last edited by jdgmar; 10-14-2015 at 05:52 PM.
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi John,
    Yes, that is the one!!! You are so kind to have gone through your patterns to find it!!! I will Private Message you now with my E-address.
    Thank you so very much!!!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I sent email and I hope this works out well for you!
    John Grey
    Bullhead City, AZ