Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Tbl

[QUOTE=ninabklee;10169]I'm a new member, thank you....what does the term *tbl* mean in crocheting directions????[/QUOTE]

It means treble crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    All the directions I have seen for a treble says to wrap the yarn around the hook 3 times instead of 2 like you do for a double.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry that is wrong....means thru back loop

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! I have always wrapped around 1 time for double and 2 times around for treble. I think tr does stand for treble, and I don't know about the tbl.
    SO, who's right,??????

Post Thanks / Like
    I do it the way you do, bkaren6020. For years I have done it this way, so now what..lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bkaren6020 View Post
    WOW! I have always wrapped around 1 time for double and 2 times around for treble. I think tr does stand for treble, and I don't know about the tbl.
    SO, who's right,??????
    A doube crochet, you wrap the thread around the needle once;for a treble, it's twice. A double treble would need three wraps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbie5834 View Post
    A doube crochet, you wrap the thread around the needle once;for a treble, it's twice. A double treble would need three wraps.
    You are right bkaren6020. For a single crochet, you don't wrap the thread at at all. TBL is through back loop as I said in my first post.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just looked on the Craft Council Master List. TBL- does mean through the back loop. That is a very good place to go for information. Try it.

Post Thanks / Like

In the "Crochet Answer Book" by Edie Eckman the definitions are as follows;
    tbl == through the back loop
    tr == triple crochet, treble crochet; Yarn over twice, insert hook into the stitch, yarn over again and pull through stitch. (Yarn over and pull through 2 loops) 3 times.
    trtr == triple treble crochet; (Yarn over pull through stitch, yarn over pull through 2 loops) 4 times

Think i purchased the book at Jo-Ann's about 5 years ago. Small about 5 x 7 size. Has 320 pages. Wonderful reference, but have a hard time keeping up with it as I'm not well organized.
    Last edited by Cliffene; 05-04-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    TBL means treble