Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Lady bug dress

Post Thanks / Like

Lady bug dress

Hello all

I have a question about the dress called lady bug dress, has anyone made this dress? I can send the pattern or u can go on Ravelry and see the dress yourself. It's a free pattern so anyone can look at her pattern.

My problem is I can't get the dress shape! When I do the 2shells and 3 dc, my dress is wavy and by the picture of the dress it's not. So if someone could help I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Cathrin24

Surrounded by the mountains of Vermont, USA
    Post Thanks / Like
    I took a look at the pic and believe that the dress has a slight flair to it. I will download pattern and take a closer look, but I think I'm right on this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathrin24 View Post
    Hello all

I have a question about the dress called lady bug dress, has anyone made this dress? I can send the pattern or u can go on Ravelry and see the dress yourself. It's a free pattern so anyone can look at her pattern.

My problem is I can't get the dress shape! When I do the 2shells and 3 dc, my dress is wavy and by the picture of the dress it's not. So if someone could help I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Cathrin24
    Hi Cathrin24, Are you using fingering weight crochet thread on yours, and the same size hook? If not that could do it, but it looks like hers seems to have a very slight hint of flare to it near the bottom. I don't see why wavy would make it look bad to tell the truth unless, it's horribly wavy. Do you agree? It's this one, right?
    Ravelry: Ladybug Dress and Hat pattern by Sandy Furlough

It certainly is adorable and looks easy enough... it could be made for an adult in other colors, such a nice pattern! Did you read her typo notes on the page from 2010? Just making sure, not that it might matter about your concern. It's not complicated so I don't know why else it would do that to tell you the truth. I'm sorry I don't have any ideas for you.Let us know what you do, I'd love to see it done too! What size are you making?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

I wrote to u on fb, because I couldn't find where u reply, but I've found it now.

Yes I read the note at the bottom of the pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that's darling. My Granddaughter is going to be a Ladybug for Halloween and if nothing else, I must make her that hat. I got her a black and red crazy wig and a furry antenna headband, but I think she would love the hat. Thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

I wrote to u on fb, because I couldn't find where u reply, but I've found it now.

Yes I read the note at the bottom of the pattern.
    You posted to me on fb? I'm sorry I didn't see it it was me you're talking about. I have a separate personal and crochet page, in fact I just got off fb but I just got off and didn't see it on either.
    Don't you agree that the dress flares a little naturally? I'm still trying to picture the thin super saver you say you're using, they don't make a thin one since it's all worsted 4 ply. I keep thinking that's one of the problems since they call for a very thing crochet thread in the pattern - but as long as you end up with an out for you're happy with, that's all that matters. I hope it's working for you, it's just so cute! This is my fb crochet page. https://www.facebook.com/crochet.by.susans.soul.shines
    My personal page is under Susan Nash. Would you like to post your fb link?
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 10-24-2015 at 08:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can u explain to me where it says

Note 3,4,5,or 6 dc s in a row are called a 3, 4, 5, or 6 d c group. I don't know what that means!!

Thanks and I hope u didn't mind me emailing u on fb. I just followed the link and it brought me to fb.

Cathrin

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh darn, I just found out I don't have another black. It's 3 hours to where I can get more black!

C

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I found enough black, but I didn't do the 8 rows,but I did make 6 rows. So now I will join the red and I will see if I can get the pattern correct this time!

C

Post Thanks / Like
    Can u explain to me where it says

Note 3,4,5,or 6 dc s in a row are called a 3, 4, 5, or 6 d c group. I don't know what that means!!
    Thanks and I hope u didn't mind me emailing u on fb. I just followed the link and it brought me to fb.
    Cathrin
    I finally saw your fb message! I'm sending you a p.m. on here.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 10-26-2015 at 12:50 PM.