Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Lady bug dress

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathrin24 View Post
    Oh darn, I just found out I don't have another black. It's 3 hours to where I can get more black!

C
    Uh-oh, sounds like trouble!! I can help you here. The pattern says that she has groups of 3,4,5,and 6 dc, She's going to call them, when she uses them: if she's going to have a group of 5dc all in a row in consecutive stitches, she's going to calls it a 5dc group. If she's calling for 2 dc in a row in consecutive stitches, she'll call it a 2dc group, and so on. I hope that explains it! I'm logging off now but I'll check in with you tomorrow, I hope you can continue and that you can get your black yarn!!! Susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Found some black but I missed a couple of row by 2. I don't think it will make much difference. Didn't like the way the red looked but found some bubble gum pink and so I've been doing the pattern but went down a hook size. I really like the way the pink and black look. Hopefully I will have enough pink to finish the dress.

Wish I knew how to send a picture to you.

C

Post Thanks / Like
    Can u explain to me where it says

Note 3,4,5,or 6 dc s in a row are called a 3, 4, 5, or 6 d c group. I don't know what that means!!

Thanks and I hope u didn't mind me emailing u on fb. I just followed the link and it brought me to fb.

Cathrin
    They mean that for each set of consecutive dc's, whether it be 2dc, 5dc, or anywhere in between, instead of writing it all out they're gonna call them for ex a 2dc group, meaning 2 dc's in 2 st in a row, or a 5dc group, meaning 5dc st in a row (Not in the same st, but in a row).
    This would be a good thing for a designer to put in notes on their pattern, and refer to the notes in the pattern. At least that's how I'd handle that, and I like it when others handle it that way too! I don't mind you contacting me any way you want to... as long as I can find it in time to help you, I'm good with it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't thank u enough Susan, if it weren't for u I would be as far as I am now.

You're so right it's a simple pattern too and I was making it to difficult for myself. I am now on row 21 and it's looking ok I think. Wish I knew how to send pic to I.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't thank u enough Susan, if it weren't for u I would be as far as I am now.

You're so right it's a simple pattern too and I was making it to difficult for myself. I am now on row 21 and it's looking ok I think. Wish I knew how to send pic to I.
    I'm glad it's going well! What brand yarn are you using, I'm not aware of any of the ones you mentioned coming in fingering or light weights, but as long as your piece is working out nicely, that;s all that matters. Do you have a phone with a camera, or a camera, or a laptop? Tell me what you'd got and I'll help you load your pics!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a mini iPad

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a mini iPad I just need an email address to send to.

Post Thanks / Like
    deleted this post
    Last edited by smagwood1; 10-24-2015 at 06:16 AM. Reason: did not want to do a separate post

Post Thanks / Like

ummmmm welll....

Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    I'm glad it's going well! What brand yarn are you using, I'm not aware of any of the ones you mentioned coming in fingering or light weights, but as long as your piece is working out nicely, that;s all that matters. Do you have a phone with a camera, or a camera, or a laptop? Tell me what you'd got and I'll help you load your pics!
    Well, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said I could help you if you have a phone, but if you can get the pics onto a computer I can help you. I don't know what I was thinking, I'm so sorry! I have a desk top and my husband has a laptop, but with my camera I just put the memory card into the slot on my tower and upload the pics to my pc and go from there. I'm sure there's some one who can help you. SO many people have this same problem, seems CT could do a video tutorial or something, they must have a section of help fro this!
    Talk to our moderator Barbara, she's a great help!

10. Thanks Cathrin24 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a mini iPad I just need an email address to send to.
    I'll pm you my email.