Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone translate this? I think it is Russian

I fell in love with this pattern, but I cannot make heads or tails out of it. Can anyone out there translate it?

Can anyone translate this?  I think it is Russian-baby-blanket-pic-jpgCan anyone translate this?  I think it is Russian-baby-blanket-pic-jpg
    Can anyone translate this?  I think it is Russian-baby-blanket-chart-jpgCan anyone translate this?  I think it is Russian-baby-blanket-chart-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you know how to read a chart? That is how I do things, study the chart and attempt it, if I can't figure it out then I try to design it myself. The hardest part is getting started.
    Faerie tales are true because they tell us dragons can be beaten!

Post Thanks / Like

Microsoft translator site

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/B...013041902.html

This link is a built-in Microsoft translator site, and it works like a charm most of the time. I started using it when non-English speaking people asked me for help when I had the blog site, so I searched and found this. In fact, I posted it on one of my blog posts and it helped a lot of people.

It will translate an entire site into or from English and other languages. I've used it many times very successfully. It even suggests the language that is being translated from, and is usually right.

Simply put the URL of the site to be translated in the box towards the upper left of screen (NOT in the main URL address!!!) but the box that says 'Translate URL. then is does it's thing really fast and most I've done were very easy to use and it was like using an English site!
    Happy crocheting,
    Susan Nash
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 10-22-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by merseaone View Post
    Do you know how to read a chart? That is how I do things, study the chart and attempt it, if I can't figure it out then I try to design it myself. The hardest part is getting started.
    Hi merseaone! I took a Craftsy class on diagram patterns and got sooo much from it! I'd been working on small ones before I took it. Some countries us only that and can't follow written patterns or videos! Some charts are tricky but the key to being easier is if the designer color codes the rows and directions!

I took 'See It, Crochet It: Reading Diagrams' by Charles Voth. He wrote a really unique cowl with an excellent diagram he gives in the class. He's a superb instructor and is very helpful if you get stuck... he loves doing it! He's more than willing to help anyone, even if they didn't take his class because he's very generous and goes above & beyond what the class called for him to do.

He teaches online and in group classes and I think in a university as well all over his Latin American community, he's an all around nice person. All instructors should be so great!

http://www.shareasale.com/m-pr.cfm?m...ctID=594411249
    #ad This is my affiliate link in case you want to check out yarn or other supplies & materials. I adore this site, their yarn is great quality with great prices.

There are some free videos and site tutorials, but for this I needed someone to teach me, and the class was so interactive that we helped each other a lot. It was fun and really informative. I think crochet diva in her took it too. Craftsy has the classes on sale quite often, marked down a lot.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 10-22-2015 at 01:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've read up on charts and watched a couple of videos, but I haven't tried one yet. I guess what I needed was how many to start off with to make the pattern come out right. I'm not sure how much patience I have!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello. Do you have better picture? I can translate... looks like text is short
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Hello. Do you have better picture? I can translate... looks like text is short
    I do not have a better picture. But here is the link:

??????? ???? "?????? ??????" ??????? » ??????.??? - ??? ? ??????? ???????

Thank you!

8. Likes Lissacc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Like a cloud"
    (you can use google translate on this link ?????????: ?????? ?????? (???????) - ???????.?? - ??? ? ???????)
    Materials: 500 grams of white thin acrilyc yarn, 4.5 meters of white ribbon 2.5 cm wide
    Hook: #3.5
    Stitches:
    Loop: put yarn through loop on hook
    SC: put hook into stitch of previous row, make loop and another loop and put through 2 loops on hook
    DC: wrap yarn around hook, pu t hook into stitch of previous row, make new loop on hook and put yarn through 3 loops on hook in 2 steps
    HDC ( half DC ): wrap yarn around hook, pu t hook into stitch of previous row, make new loop on hook and put yarn through 3 loops on hook at once
    Double double treble crochet ( ddtc ) - make 4 wraps on hook, put hook into stitch of previous row, make loop and put yarn through 6 loops on hook in 5 steps
    Picot: chain 3, put hook into 1st loop of chain, make slip stitch
    Slip stitch: put hook into stitch of previous row, make loop and put yarn through 2 loops on hook
    Fantasy pattern: see scheme 1
    Lace: see scheme 2
    Density: 10 cm = 23 stitches
    Description:
    Make chain 197 + chain 3 as 1st stitch of next row and follow scheme. After you make 85 cm, finish thing. Be sure you finished pattern
    Edging:
    Make around blanket : 1st row - *3 ddtc, chain 1* , repeat until the end of row, skip 2 stitches and join by slip stitch. In corner make 3 ddtc from the stitch of previous row 3 times. Make i1 row of hdcs, join by slip stitch and continue by "lace" (see scheme 2). Put ribbon around and make nice knot.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my gosh! You did it!! Thank you, thank you very much, kl1000! I wish I could just reach out and give you a great big hug!

11. Likes Lissacc, alexsmom51@yahoo.com liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Now I know who to ask for translations , the russian websites have a lot of beautiful things!