Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb softening yarn before starting crochet project.

Some time ago, I had seen posted somewhere, a suggestion of how to soften your yarn, before starting your project. I think it was how to put it thru a wash or dryer cycle, while still in the skein, to soften it. Does anyone know how to do this? I am making a mermaid afghan for my granddaughter, using Caron,1 lb. #4 yarn. Thank for any help. Lulu

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maryloucul@gmail.com View Post
    Some time ago, I had seen posted somewhere, a suggestion of how to soften your yarn, before starting your project. I think it was how to put it thru a wash or dryer cycle, while still in the skein, to soften it. Does anyone know how to do this? I am making a mermaid afghan for my granddaughter, using Caron,1 lb. #4 yarn. Thank for any help. Lulu
    Most people wash it in a little hair shampoo and then soak it for a few hours or overnight in hair conditioner. bobwilson123 has a video on youtube where she demonstrates and it works like a charm!

When you watch the video, I'm pretty sure she soaks her yarn in conditioner for a while, but I've been reading that 30 mins to one hours is all you need to leave it soaking since it's so porous - just wanted to let you know!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 10-26-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your fast response , I will look at the youtube.