Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  55
Page 10 of 10 First ... 8910
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mykycrafts your a tough lady and My Wish's & Prayers for you Allways. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly you certainly are not the only one who finds crocheting as a therapy. I too had stopped crocheting a few years ago due to arthritis. The pain had eased and I had found my yarn in the basement and thought I will give it a try. To my surprise it not only didn't bother me but it also helped a shoulder problem I had. Also I too have bouts of depression and find that crocheting makes me feel so much better. Of course my cat is always interrupting me but what can I say I have a needy cat. I hope only the best for you and just keep wheeling that crochet hook. I am actually thinking about trying my hand at a small business venture. The town I leave in has several up town shops and I was thinking of seeing if I could put some things on assignment. Good sharing with you Shelly and drop me a line any time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
    Shelly you certainly are not the only one who finds crocheting as a therapy. I too had stopped crocheting a few years ago due to arthritis. The pain had eased and I had found my yarn in the basement and thought I will give it a try. To my surprise it not only didn't bother me but it also helped a shoulder problem I had. Also I too have bouts of depression and find that crocheting makes me feel so much better. Of course my cat is always interrupting me but what can I say I have a needy cat. I hope only the best for you and just keep wheeling that crochet hook. I am actually thinking about trying my hand at a small business venture. The town I leave in has several up town shops and I was thinking of seeing if I could put some things on assignment. Good sharing with you Shelly and drop me a line any time.
    Hi Kitten, thank you for your understanding words. I had to laugh when I read that your kitty is "needy." LOL I have a little rescue doggie that's also very needy and she's constantly on me wanting to be loved on.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I let the depression get to me for a while this week. But today I picked up my yarn again and started a new project. Family issues just overwhelmed me and I gave in to the rotten feelings. Someone I know is expecting so I have something to concentrate on to try and lift my spirits with a crochet baby afghan. I am just grateful to have something to concentrate on right now. Keeping my mind on something other than myself helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Wabash Woman sometimes just getting through a day is not easy. But try and remember and inch is a cinch but a yard is hard. Some times it is just better to battle a minute at a time. Look at your project as your problems you can only do a row at a time no one expects any more out of you except maybe yourself. How do you eat an elephant one bit at a time. Each day has enough worries of it's own so don't borrow tomorrows today. Drown yourself in your project imagine it all finished and the joy it will bring to the person your making it for. I hope it is ok that I say this but God tells us He will never put more on us then we can handle. Although some days I wonder why He thinks I am so strong. Sometimes it is just nice to know there are others who know how we feel. Hope you have a great day and keep crocheting put your problems at the end of the project and when your done transfer them to the end of the next since you will always be working on another project you can just keep moving them further and further away eventually they just might disappear. God Bless

Post Thanks / Like
    Wabash Woman if you go to this link https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...5331540&type=3 you can see how I spent a lot of days. I was able to put all those depressed feeling really far away. lol Was so busy trying to get it done I didn't even have time to think any negative thoughts.

7. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have lived with debilitating depression for many years. It stems from sexual abuse as a small child. Then the memories and dreams we go through, and learning to deal with them. Crocheting has really helped me. but also using the different colors of yarn. I surround my self with colors, and use a lot of vivid colors in the things that I make. One of the greatest help has been with a therapy that we can do with our selves and family. It works with the subconscious, in helping to let go and neutralizes the trauma of the things in our lives, past, present, and anxiety of the future. You can go to Natural Health Information Articles and Health Newsletter by Dr. Joseph Mercola and also The Tapping Solution (EFT): How To Get Started

I am so sorry for all that you have been through. It seems that it comes in a big heap and can be so overwelming. When it rains it pours.
    I try hard to start my day out with something to smile about or laugh at and end my day with reading the bible, and doing bible research, and study. When I need to quite my mind I have something to read or crochet, or fill my mind of peaceful things.

When things were the worst for me and my young children, I was contacted by Jehovah's Witnesses. They taught me not to take things for granted but to challenge my beliefs, and taught me the wonderful hope of the future and to prove to my self that God has great love for me and will hold my hand and get me through challenging situations. I was able to walk away from a horrible abusive marriage, and start standing on my own two feet. I was so thrilled with what I was learning that I also became a bible teacher, directing others to the bible for their strength to live and have a future of a time when all these terrible things that are happening to people will be behind them. That was 60 years ago. I still do this bible educational work, it is the main joy of my life. I live alone and have 3 of my children and their family's close. I feel so blessed.

I am now 84 years old. have partially lost the use of my right hand and wobble when I walk. And it is more difficult for me to crochet, but
    I still collect new patterns. and have even bought tatting needles to learn how to do that. I always have a project that I am working on.
    right now it is refurbishing partly wool sweater into fingerless gloves, and have a pattern to make a beautiful hat of the same sweater. there is always areas to add crochet and I keep challenging my self. I love crocheting scarves and I am so intrigued with watching crochet flowers grow in my hands. These I give away. Crocheting brings me great joy. Its like growing a productive garden. Such joy, and being able to give the product away for others to enjoy also.

I am very happy that you now have rose up above your problems and am finding joy in your life.
    Thank you for sharing with us.

My prayers and thoughts go with you.
    Virginia