Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Hat sizing question

I'm a self-taught crocheter and am having trouble with sizing my hats! I'm using a magic circle to start, with 12 DC. I'm alternating one DC and two DCs into each stitch on my increase rows. If I keep three rows of increase, my hats are too small for my boys but four rows of increase makes them too large. Any thoughts on how to remedy this situation? Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    In the 4th row of rounds try hdc or a row of sc instead of dc to make it biger but not too big. Just a thought as I'm learning tool lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I make a lot of caps to donate for Charity, and most all the patterns I have seen increase pretty much the same way. I usually start with a Magic Circle if possible, and from there, after getting the 1st row done, (just say using 12 sc for example), you put two sc in each stitch the next round (making 24 stitches), then the next round it's every other stitch that's increased (making 36 stitches), next row sc in next TWO sc's, then do an inc. (48 stitches), next row sc in next THREE stitches, then increase, etc., until you have the hat the size you need it to be. After you reach that size, just sc in each stitch around. This is the same whether the hat is sc, hdbl, dbl, or whatever.

Try it, and good luck to you.

the Hook and I

Post Thanks / Like
    Good info on hat sizing, "the hook and I".
    ---HarriEtta

5. Thanks the hook and I thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hat sizing

Thanks for the compliment CrochetDiiva

7. Likes crochetdiva liked this post