Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Filet crochet

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hi all

Hello...glad to have found this online. Love crocheting... Been doing it for number of years... but always looking for helpful ideas and information.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jan. Glad you joined us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jan-
    welcome to the forum. I like to crochet many things. Baby clothes, blankets, booties, jewelry and doilies.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've come to really enjoy working with filet, you can do so many designs with it, and it's so delicate too! It helps me develop more patience as well.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 09-26-2015 at 03:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Patt View Post
    just remember the open squares are open on your work and closed squares are filled with stitches and I'd make a larger chart to follow, and draw a line through the parts that you have done so you can keep up with your work. It's my first time doing a filet crochet too and I just got done doing a tapestry for the first time! I discovered a larger chart to follow and cross off was a good thing to have to follow. I plan on doing that with my filet pattern too. Good luck with yours!
    There are loads of tutorials videos and step by step pics all over the internet, that's how I learn everything! Have fun!

Post Thanks / Like

Filet Crochet

Looks like we are all in agreement as to enlarging the pattern. I haven't done a lot of filet but I do get a lot of satisfaction out of the finished item when I have done it. Reminds me of things I have from my Mother in law and her mother that they had crocheted. Enjoy the challenge, you can do it, and the pride of accomplishment once it's finished is a nice feeling. Just take your time.

Janie