Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  172
Page 62 of 81 First ... 1252606162636472 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    To do the Tunisian Stitch I used a long double-sided crochet hook - although you only need a crochet hook on one end -it's what I happen to have. Anyways, I saw on utube someone that had a cord that was attached to a reg. size crochet hook and she/he was doing the Tunisian Stitch. It was crochet hooks that you can put a cord on if you want to and she had a cord on one crochet hook. Instead of a cord between 2 hooks, like in knitting (the circular knitting needle) it's a cord at the end of a crochet hook. Wow! I didn't know you could put a cord at the end of a crochet hook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms.Dale View Post
    I just finished 5 scarfs for the ladies in the nursing home and 8 sleeping mats out of plarn for the homeless and a blanket out of scraps for the church to give to someone who went through a disaster.
    You've been busy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I'm just trying to get ideas so they don't all look the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lihardin View Post
    Do you have a pattern for the sleeping mats?seems like they would take a lot of plastic bags.
    It does take a lot of bags. I have a pattern and I am trying to figure out how to send it to you. It was started by Wayne Abadie from Luling, Louisiana as a church project.

Post Thanks / Like
    I HAVE to crochet to keep my sanity. Lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a pattern for the sleeping mats?seems like they would take a lot of plastic bags.
    Sleeping-Mat-Instructions.pdf This is the pattern for it

Post Thanks / Like
    Flawless Crochet Flowers, I love your Easter Bunny with the crocheted flower! It's so pretty. I would love to have the pattern if you would like to share it with me. I am expecting 2 new grandchildren this year and a new great grandchild in early January of next year. I would like to try and make these. Hugs and Kisses, Lynda Fey

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I see I would have to cut my plastic into much wider strips. I've only made a tote bag with plarn, but I like the idea of crochet for a cause. Thanks again,
    Linda

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I see I would have to cut my plastic into much wider strips. I've only made a tote bag with plarn, but I like the idea of crochet for a cause. Thanks again,
    Linda
    Wayne Abadie started this and he didn't know how to crochet before, he must have a tight stitch because I only do 45 stitches to make it 3 1\2 feet across. Also, I use a chainless foundation. You can look him up on the internet, they interviewed him on the local news. His idea is spreading like wildfire.
    The church has different groups doing different parts of it. They even have organizations like the Girl Scouts that get together and cut or fold bags for an hour or so. Everyone does what they can. I basically just gather bags and crochet. I am on my 9th mat right now.

Good luck, it is a very good cause.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the slipper that look like Mary Jane do you have a pattern to share thank-you