Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  172
Page 35 of 81 First ... 25333435363745 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    I finally got the slippers done for my husband a couple of days ago.
    Attachment 14054

This slipper is almost done for the mitten plus box at church which I had done before I did my husband's slippers.
    2 views of the slipperAttachment 14055 Attachment 14056
    The start of the other slipper
    Attachment 14057 Attachment 14058
    The pattern is: cosy crocheted slippers The pattern says to use a 4.5mm crochet hook. I used a 'G' hook (which is 4.25mm) for the sllippers for church (which aren't quite done)

For my husband's slippers I used a 'J' hook and then by the heel tried decreasing stitches and tried 1 in each stitch but I finally went back to the pattern and after I increased the stitches on a row like it says to do in the pattern, I went down to a smaller size crochet hook ( a 'G') and then went to a smaller size ( a 2.55mm - that's not easy to crochet w/that size hook.)

The pattern starts at the toe of the slipper.
    Nice slippers Jean Marie, just in time for needing them!

Post Thanks / Like

finished 2 projects, patterns by other people

My Spoonful of Sugar Scarf, the one Shelley had also made several of that she posted in the beginning of this thread. I needed a versatile black piece and I had the headband already, so it gave me a chance to use this #3 DK, that way it won't be heavy. It feels amazing to even hold it in my hands, so lightweight while being wide and long. I like being able to wear things in multiple ways. I added Vanna Glamour in black glittery crystal back for 3 rows every 6th row, it looks pretty in person and my headband pattern is made of that so they match well. The headband is more of sport weight, very light. I love the drape of this scarf and highly recommend trying it since it's a fun stitch repeat to make and the piece is even more lovely in person. Black stitches just aren't well defined in photos.

What Project Are You Working On?-sfhdbnd2-jpg

What Project Are You Working On?-sfsf3-jpg

What Project Are You Working On?-sfsf2-jpg

What Project Are You Working On?-sfsfc4-jpg
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 11-17-2015 at 03:25 PM.

3. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

recent project #2

This is the Lion Brand Yarns South Bay Shawlette in scarf size, the yarn is Sheep-ish, half wool and half acrylic, color is Plum-ish, and I used 2 skeins. I'm considering buying 1 more to make it a little bigger. Wool gives stitches an amazing look that I love!! The pattern was easy and I had written available but only used the diagram to make it, it was my 1st pattern doing it with only a charted pattern over written. The last row looks like an edging around it so need to add one. Another fun one to make, they're ALL fun to me!
    What Project Are You Working On?-sbs4-jpg

What Project Are You Working On?-sbs3-jpg

What Project Are You Working On?-sbs2-jpg

What Project Are You Working On?-sbs6-jpg
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 11-17-2015 at 03:22 PM.

5. Likes Carynjoyb liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

bavarian square

I am now working on a bavarian square blanket. It took a while to figure it out but finally figured it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    This is the Lion Brand Yarns South Bay Shawlette in scarf size, the yarn is Sheep-ish, half wool and half acrylic, color is Plum-ish, and I used 2 skeins. I'm considering buying 1 more to make it a little bigger. Wool gives stitches an amazing look that I love!! The pattern was easy and I had written available but only used the diagram to make it, it was my 1st pattern doing it with only a charted pattern over written. The last row looks like an edging around it so need to add one. Another fun one to make, they're ALmost all fun to me!
    What Project Are You Working On?-sbs4-jpg

What Project Are You Working On?-sbs3-jpg

What Project Are You Working On?-sbs2-jpg

What Project Are You Working On?-sbs6-jpg
    really like your scarf! I have so many projects that I can't even begin to think of starting this one!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am doing this on my Ipad and am having a hard time posting a picture of the blanket I am working on. Hopefully I will try again and post a picture when I get a chance. It is good to be part of this group. Thanks to all for liking this.

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice Susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Still scarves for charity. Just a basic half double crochet about three feet long. The yarn and colours depend on what I am donated. I turn in what I have made every Thursday night and I get yarn in return.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    really like your scarf! I have so many projects that I can't even begin to think of starting this one!
    I know what you mean, you can only make so many things! I've been designing patterns and posting them on Ravelry & Craftsy and my other sites since last year, esp when I can't find a pattern I like I just do my own, but I also am working on other ppl's patterns I found last year! Either way we end up with awesome pieces, I'm picking some of mine out that I'll never wear and I knew it when I made them that I would donate them around the holidays or cold weather. and it just started being cold her in the south finally.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WabashWoman View Post
    Still scarves for charity. Just a basic half double crochet about three feet long. The yarn and colours depend on what I am donated. I turn in what I have made every Thursday night and I get yarn in return.
    That's so nice wabashwoman! Does your name come from where you live? I was just wondering, if you don't want to say that's ok? I just make things all year that I enjoy making, then when it gets cold I pick the ones I know I'll wear and keep them, then the rest goes to a local place that sees to it the people who need it get them. Living in a small town that's easy to do.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 11-17-2015 at 06:32 PM.