Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  172
Page 27 of 81 First ... 1725262728293777 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the question was what are you making.... I'll have pics soon since I finished my Spoonful of Sugar Scarf, that most awesome pattern in the black DK yarn I used, wow, it makes Caron's Simply Soft seem not as soft, and you know it is SO soft and wonderful! The scarf is amazing with light weight yarn, I used all 3 rolls for a total of 150 grams. I have no idea of the yardage or brand, the rolls only said 50g.

I used Vanna Glamour with it for the sprinkled effect of the metallic in it, it's either fingering or 2 ply yarn, I need to check on that to find out, it's also black, for 3 rows every 7 rows rows to add a subtle shimmer to it, you have to be close to see it and I know it's there which is what counts!

Then I made up a cinched quickie dressy little headband on the fly out of the same black Glamour to match the scarf, which is like wearing nothing it's so lightweight. I'd love to make a top with the Glamour!

I sometimes wear a similar headband around the house while I'm trying to grow my hair out just a little. It covers my neck completely in the back now which is a big thing for me, having my hair chopped so short for so long! It almost drove me nuts while getting longer for a few weeks there in the last heat of the last summer days.

At this point I'm not closing my Spoonful of Sugar Scarf into a circle since I've made so many other infinities and cowls this year already, but I have 2 favorite black winter tops, actually 3, not worn to make me look thinner, lol, (I wish) but they just happen to be black and I love the tops.

The 3rd piece is a unique little cowl soft with Lion Brand Heartland in Glacier Bay, looks like 2 colors a blue and black sort of woven together, looks amazing. I love yarn!! I didn't need the whole 251 yds for this pattern, but that's a lot of yarn for 1 skein. It's soft and pretty but I didn't exactly love working with it, like I didn't exactly love working with the Red Heart Boutique Infinity brand yarn either since it felt like it had little substance, but it made that long beautiful infinity scarf I designed with the 1 skein, but it had a ton of yardage on it!

That's one of the two yarns I won it and the label they put on my skein had no color (I learned it's called Enchanted, a purple gradient)or yardage on it, so much for that helping me know about the yarn they sent me to try out in the giveaway! I have no idea how many yds was on that roll but I can look it up online. I'm sorry, I guess I still think I'm blogging... I love to talk crochet, don't you?!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 10-18-2015 at 04:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! After the first few sucker covers you can do it without really thinking about it lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm working on the sweater now.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan, No, I'm not working. My husband is doing good.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 10-18-2015 at 10:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am working on a purple cowl right now. I am sorry I post any photos but I have no way to put them on here right now. I am hoping soon I can get something to transfer the pictures from my cell phone or get a digital camera. I am also working on an embroidery winter scene.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnie2013 View Post
    Hi Shelley, I love this scarf I think I will have to try it. Thank you for posting it :-) love and hugs Winnie
    Winnie, did you get my PM? , Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished up this popcorn baby blanket with a ruffle border. My son's good friend just had a baby girl a few days ago, and I'm going to send it to her.

Shelley
    Attached Images Attached Images What Project Are You Working On?-img_0521-jpg What Project Are You Working On?-img_0520-jpg 

8. Likes misskitty287, Carynjoyb liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Patty and thank you !! Love you Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    looks nice Shelley. that baby girl will love it

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley that is so pretty...I called this my Think Pink Weekend...completed a capelet for one of my granddaughters for breast cancer awarenes dsy at school..made 3 scarves...adding final rows to another capelet in pink camo...working in trimming on Neopolitan shawl (colors of Neopolitan ice cream)...wilk post pics soon
    Last edited by Bennie; 10-18-2015 at 05:55 PM.