Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Random Memories

The muted roar of the Florida Air National Guard F-16s as they continually patrolled the skies above south Florida and being grateful and feeling safe because they were up there. And closer to the ground the flyovers by the USMC helicopters.

The complete absence of the sounds made by commercial and small private planes while they were grounded.

Drivers on the roads were subdued and not driving in crazy manners as they usually did, and proudly flew American flags on their cars and trucks.

The sickening feeling when I saw people who booed and cursed those American flags on the vehicles.

The shock felt by my sister when she found out that one of the hijackers, Mohammed Atta, had been a regular dinner customer in the Coral Springs restaurant she worked at as a dining hostess.

The fear of people who were hesitant to ever fly again.

. . . . . forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us . . . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    The muted roar of the Florida Air National Guard F-16s as they continually patrolled the skies above south Florida and being grateful and feeling safe because they were up there. And closer to the ground the flyovers by the USMC helicopters.

The complete absence of the sounds made by commercial and small private planes while they were grounded.

Drivers on the roads were subdued and not driving in crazy manners as they usually did, and proudly flew American flags on their cars and trucks.

The sickening feeling when I saw people who booed and cursed those American flags on the vehicles.

The shock felt by my sister when she found out that one of the hijackers, Mohammed Atta, had been a regular dinner customer in the Coral Springs restaurant she worked at as a dining hostess.

The fear of people who were hesitant to ever fly again.

. . . . . forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us . . . . .
    thank you Poinciana for your thoughts about 9-11! the memories that I collect will be priceless in future years!