Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Unraveling purchased sweater

Does anyone know of a tutorial or a post on how to unravel a purchased sweater.I know I've seen it somewhere but can't remember where.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Val. I copied the artical for later use after I,m done with my Christmas Craft shows.I have 2 to prepare for.First one is first wk-end in Nov.& 2nd one is 1st wk-end in Dec. I make centerpieces, swags.wreaths & snow scenes in jars. Have several BIG jars this yr.Hope to sell a lot of everything as its my Christmas money for my 2 grandkids.The instructions look pretty straight forward so will be trying it. If it workes I saw several really nice sweaters at the Goodwill where I got this one. I pd only $1.50 for it. Thot it was 2.99 but must of been half price.If it works will have some beautiful yarn for hats. Its 2 shades of lite blue.Fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let us know how your project goes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes-let us know how things work out! And good luck with the Craft Fairs! I have 4 Holiday fairs coming up!

Post Thanks / Like

Unraveling purchased sweater

I like this idea of recycling yarn. I know that the items made from this yarn will be beautiful. Also, may you have much success on your craft shows!

Happy Crocheting,
    Butterflyrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all so much. I made a trip to Champaign yesterday with my daughter to go to Prairie Gardens, CRAFT& PLANT PLACE, vERY BIG. tHEY HAVE xMAS GREENERY. i NEEDED SOME SNOWFLOCKED greenery & they are the nearest that handles it.Also went to Goodwill. Found a few vases I can use for arrangements & centerpieces. Also got a few ideas at P Gardens for centerpieces.Absolutely spent way too much money. Hope to get some of it back at the 2 shows.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope that you ladies do well at the Craft Fairs/Shows. What kind of items do you crochet for these fairs?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't crochet for the craft fairs. I was a florist for umpteen yrs. I do silk wreaths,swags,centerpieces,door knockers, snow globes & whatever.Its in a small community 10 miles from me. I've been doing this one for 5 yrs.About 30 venders.The other one is 10 miles the other way at the country club.3 yrs for that one.About 28 venders.I have help setting up the first one but the club one is just what I can carry in my car.They furnish 2 tables. You would be surprised what I can cram in my Buick Centry(old one).I usually take a few extras the next day. Since I will sell some I will have more room in the car to bring the extras home. The club one is only 2 days. The other one is 3 days. They are a month apart. I have 9 days to finish getting ready for the first one & I,m behind. But I get tired & have to leave it for awhile. When they both are over I will be exhausted but happy because I have Xmas money & its all over for another year. Not sure if I will be able to do it next yr. Getting too old. I,ll be 76 2 days after xmas.So far I,m holding my own but slowed d own a great deal. But love talking to people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Luck on your craft show! I go to the one in Indianapolis ever year.it's amazing what people create.