Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Shelley,
    Your bag doesn't look ugly to me.
    I also agree with Jean Marie! your bag looks very nice and just the perfect one!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a "master" bag with pockets inside and out, brand name "She's Got Baggage", purchased from Old Time Pottery several years ago. For on-the-go project bags I like the freebie bags sometimes given with makeup purchases or found (usually unused) at Goodwill. For a real freebie that keeps yarn/thread clean and untangled an extra large clean oatmeal box with a large hole drilled in the plastic top, which sits on the floor, does a great job. There's also a small oval shaped plastic bucket, 12" long, with handle holes on each end which sits in my lap or on the recliner leg rest, functioning like a yarn bowl. These are found at Dollar Tree.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by annie69 View Post
    I have a "master" bag with pockets inside and out, brand name "She's Got Baggage", purchased from Old Time Pottery several years ago. For on-the-go project bags I like the freebie bags sometimes given with makeup purchases or found (usually unused) at Goodwill. For a real freebie that keeps yarn/thread clean and untangled an extra large clean oatmeal box with a large hole drilled in the plastic top, which sits on the floor, does a great job. There's also a small oval shaped plastic bucket, 12" long, with handle holes on each end which sits in my lap or on the recliner leg rest, functioning like a yarn bowl. These are found at Dollar Tree.
    thank you for giving me more ideas, I tried to find "She's got Baggage" but was not successful. Your idea of a oval shaped plastic bucket sounds like a possiblity! so many ideas and I'm grateful for everyone of them!

Post Thanks / Like
    I used an old Gucci bookbag for mine

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to thank everyone that responded to my questions as to what bag they used for crocheting! I got alot of advice on what they used. It helped a lot, I finally decided on ordering one from amazon.com it's a drum like bag. It came today and I love it! I did make an inside divider out of cardboard which will help the yarn to stay away from each other and help it to not get tangled. So everyone who shared and responded it was very much appreciated!
    Last edited by DonnaPBradshaw; 07-24-2015 at 07:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Redhead, I have the exact same bag, color and all, exactly like yours, my little sis bought it for me. I have so many W.I.P.'s I need 6 to 8 bags on standby. I keep each project in its own bag with the pattern book, a dedicated hook, sissors and anything else I need. I crochet on the go but this bag is my very favorite.
    Sharing is Caring. For Free Crochet Patterns Visit me at:
    http://idealdelusions.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a messenger bag from my son's college days. Made of sturdy canvas fabric, has pockets and zippers inside and out. The bag zips closed and the flap folds over. You can probably find one at Goodwill for a few dollars (with or without a college logo).
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Poinciana View Post
    Yeah, it's called the plastic bag from the checkout counter . . .LOL!
    Love it! That's so funny

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    This is my ugly basket that I use to hold my yarn while I'm crocheting. Yes, it's green and has big plastic beads on it. It's an old vintage handbag from the 1960s, I think. It's very sturdy and has a plastic lining. It will hold 4-5 skeins of yarn standing on their ends. It sits on the floor in front of me when I'm crocheting.

You could always use a cute magazine basket shaped like my ugly one. LOL

Shelley
    Shelley that bag is awesome, quite a piece to treasure!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Shelley that bag is awesome, quite a piece to treasure!
    Thanks Susan, I bought my bag/basket several years ago from ebay, back when I was going through my "vintage style" fashion phase. I thought it'd be a cute purse to carry. When I got it, it was so big, there was no way I was going to carry it as a purse. It's definitely a 1960s vintage bag. The mint green and black plastic wicker, along with the plastic beads, is a dead give away. It's very gaudy LOL.

Shelley