Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm a new member.

Happy I found a group of people who love to crochet. Taught myself to ccrochet 40 years ago and I am still learning. Love all the tips and help you give.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
    Happy I found a group of people who love to crochet. Taught myself to ccrochet 40 years ago and I am still learning. Love all the tips and help you give.
    Welcome Audrey! I live in Alabama. This is a wonderful group of people. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a tote I bought in NY a few years ago. For my hooks I found a leather pencil holder they fit in nicely are easy to take with me and don't get lost.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a nice setup for me and I need it since it's so hard to be comfortable. I can't even sit on our sofa since it's too soft and gives me no muscle support. To crochet I sit in a high back leather chair that is super comfy and work at a round table that was once my smaller dining room table. It has my desktop on it, and good room for all my supplies like my pin cushion, coffee can holding hooks, crocheted basket of yarn strips for crochet markers, scissors, tape measure, calculator, etc. Beside it is another smaller lower round table with a paper notebook is, and my printed pattern in a plastic page that I mark off as I go... then when I'm done I erase the marker and use the page again. This has been really helpful for me to follow the pattern well. Beside both tables is my coffee can in the floor with a ball or skein of yarn that I work off of, and a 3-way floor lamp with a swing arm that I can put directly over my work, but my greatest wish is to have a craft light with a great bulb! Under my main table is a footstool. I only use a bag if I'm taking a project with me and I only take small ones, I don't do big projects anyway.

A generous local lady I met gave me a garbage bag of yarn before Christmas that was her mothers, and it was almost full of new and partial skeins, and some a little tangled but I undid it and balled it up and it was well worth it - also in the bag was an awesome leather craft tote with multiple pockets that surely cost someone a pretty penny, it would be perfect to carry if needed. I have tote bags with yarn in them and book shelves along 2 walls. I've done some polymer clay work recently making buttons and shawl/scarf sticks, and plan to do more with colors I've not used yet. The clay goes a long way and takes little to make things with. I have fuzzy sticks, floral sticks, felt, beads and other jewelry supplies left over from my jewelry making days. This is a craft supply room of major proportion that I'm thrilled to have since I've never had the luxury of this kind of room for my own before. So that is my crochet queen room!

5. Thanks redhead thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    Find It Supply Caddy Purple by Office Depot & OfficeMax

I found this one at office max, does anyone use something similar? Does it work for you?
    This one doesn't look like it would hold yarn but looks like a good supply holder that you can reach them from easily!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    I have a nice setup for me and I need it since it's so hard to be comfortable. I can't even sit on our sofa since it's too soft and gives me no muscle support. To crochet I sit in a high back leather chair that is super comfy and work at a round table that was once my smaller dining room table. It has my desktop on it, and good room for all my supplies like my pin cushion, coffee can holding hooks, crocheted basket of yarn strips for crochet markers, scissors, tape measure, calculator, etc. Beside it is another smaller lower round table with a paper notebook is, and my printed pattern in a plastic page that I mark off as I go... then when I'm done I erase the marker and use the page again. This has been really helpful for me to follow the pattern well. Beside both tables is my coffee can in the floor with a ball or skein of yarn that I work off of, and a 3-way floor lamp with a swing arm that I can put directly over my work, but my greatest wish is to have a craft light with a great bulb! Under my main table is a footstool. I only use a bag if I'm taking a project with me and I only take small ones, I don't do big projects anyway.

A generous local lady I met gave me a garbage bag of yarn before Christmas that was her mothers, and it was almost full of new and partial skeins, and some a little tangled but I undid it and balled it up and it was well worth it - also in the bag was an awesome leather craft tote with multiple pockets that surely cost someone a pretty penny, it would be perfect to carry if needed. I have tote bags with yarn in them and book shelves along 2 walls. I've done some polymer clay work recently making buttons and shawl/scarf sticks, and plan to do more with colors I've not used yet. The clay goes a long way and takes little to make things with. I have fuzzy sticks, floral sticks, felt, beads and other jewelry supplies left over from my jewelry making days. This is a craft supply room of major proportion that I'm thrilled to have since I've never had the luxury of this kind of room for my own before. So that is my crochet queen room!
    Loved reading about your setup for crocheting! Your writing skills are excellent! I really struggle with my writing. My sentences tend to run and not make any sense. Now that was random wasn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    Loved reading about your setup for crocheting! Your writing skills are excellent! I really struggle with my writing. My sentences tend to run and not make any sense. Now that was random wasn't it?
    Donna, that made perfectly good sense, not random at all. I used to think the same thing about myself, that nothing I said made sense, and I'd look back and wonder what was I thinking when I typed something! I'm still surprised that so many people tell me I have good writing skills, but I appreciate the compliment!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    This is my ugly basket that I use to hold my yarn while I'm crocheting. Yes, it's green and has big plastic beads on it. It's an old vintage handbag from the 1960s, I think. It's very sturdy and has a plastic lining. It will hold 4-5 skeins of yarn standing on their ends. It sits on the floor in front of me when I'm crocheting.

You could always use a cute magazine basket shaped like my ugly one. LOL

Shelley
    Hi Shelley,
    Your bag doesn't look ugly to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Usually when I write or reply on ct I read the message before I post it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    This is my ugly basket that I use to hold my yarn while I'm crocheting. Yes, it's green and has big plastic beads on it. It's an old vintage handbag from the 1960s, I think. It's very sturdy and has a plastic lining. It will hold 4-5 skeins of yarn standing on their ends. It sits on the floor in front of me when I'm crocheting.

You could always use a cute magazine basket shaped like my ugly one. LOL

Shelley
    Hey that bag isn't ugly...I think it's pretty! I like the idea of any bag that you can put your yarn into on their yarn ends sticking up ready to crochet with. That's why I like mine and I can take it with me when I go to somewhere and wait (doctor's office, etc) or to go and visit my friend for a while whenever.... It really is handy. I hope Hobby Lobby still has them. Patty