Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Okay I REALLY Need some Help

Alright well I really need help and the type of help I need is advice and suggestions. I know many of you are incredibly great at crocheting and making things and I know a lot of you have been successful at being able to sell things.
    We have a lot of things popping up recently like I need new glasses but unfortunately our medical assistance doesn't cover me for vision or dental for that matter so we will have to pay out of pocket for my new glasses. I also have more stress coming from college where apparently my grant wouldn't cover my textbooks for my classes even though it was supposed to so I have to pay back $146 to the college.
    I wish I could get a job to help with costs but we don't exactly have anyone to watch our son and daycare isn't an option right now.
    So I have to turn to crocheting to help me earn something. Please all I ask is for some ideas of what I could sell that would sell and maybe some advice on what yarn I could go for that won't make the money I am able to make just enough to cover what I used on yarn.
    Please any advice and suggestions mean a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Suggestion: Look around on the Craftsy website for ideas. Praying that you get what you need.
    ---HarriEtta

3. Thanks Ivy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are currently in college I would suggest making handy items for yourself that other students would ask about, then take orders, getting enough of a deposit to cover yarn costs. Things like tablet or phone covers, laptop bags, fingerless gloves, cup or water bottle cozies, cowls, hats and scarves. Maybe you could make them in your school's colours.

5. Thanks Ivy thanked for this post
    Likes Nova55 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would scout out the thrift shops for wool/yarn to use to cut the cost of buying from a yarn store. As mentioned by Ivy crochet things that can be useful for students, but make sure you price things reasonable as your customers might also be on a tight budget. Have you a sewing machine? If so purchase old clothes from charity shops and make these into useable items as mentioned above. Look on Youtube to get ideas on what to make and methods of designing. Good luck.

7. Thanks Ivy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    http://crochettalk.com/links-and-res...+to+make+money

Here is a great article about how to make money crocheting! hope it helps!

9. Thanks Ivy thanked for this post