Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: crocheting time

Post Thanks / Like
    Loved reading everyone's post about how they find time to crochet! Certainly gave me ideas to incorporate into my schedule!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patty,
    That bedspread you made looks very nice. It must've taken a long time to make. What did you mean when you said you came up short one hole? I know what you mean when you take something out and it's hard to find the ends cause you already weaved them in the yarn.

Jean

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Patty,
    That bedspread you made looks very nice. It must've taken a long time to make. What did you mean when you said you came up short one hole? I know what you mean when you take something out and it's hard to find the ends cause you already weaved them in the yarn

Jean
    Jean, I meant I am matching the spaces between the Dc's and I chain 3 into the next space(hole) and was one space short to go into with the chain. Look at the picture and you will see under each square there is a ch3 and there isn't enough spaces at the end of the square that I was attaching. There should be 17 sets of 3DCs (in the border which is the 2nd green row) with a space between them and there was only 16 sets of DCs making that side of the square short a space. I guess I am not very good at explaining what I am doing to join the squares together. Instead of stitching them together with a yarn needle I just chain 3 from space to space under each square. Love, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 07-16-2015 at 10:06 AM.

4. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    Attachment 13022

Just about every day! I just last night was putting a 2nd bed spread together for my grand sons and on the last square I came up short one hole! I will have to take that square off and either find where the mistake is or just crochet another one in it's place. I hate that when I am putting something together and the holes don't match up. By then I have usually already hid the ends of yarn and can't find where to pull it out. I end up cutting the yarn if I cant pull the ends out! I can take this square out tho because I am crocheting the whole spread together with some chain stitches so I can see those easy enough to take it out. Probably will just add another square which I have already made. , love, Patty

PS I am making 4 bed spreads for the GKs. 3 will be twin size and the 4th is full size. I have the full size done and almost done on a twin size.
    Wow, you are so busy making all of those bedspreads, what lucky kids they are for you to do that! The one you posted looks lovely, such a great job you did!

6. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley,
    Thanks. Sounds like you've worked in a restaurant before. My husband's recovery from sinus surgery is going good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Shelley,
    Thanks. Sounds like you've worked in a restaurant before. My husband's recovery from sinus surgery is going good.
    Both of my boys have worked as dishwashers in restaurants. They're very hard-workers. I'm happy to hear your husband is getting along good and healing nicely.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Busy Hooks. jean Im still Pray for you both. Your Hubby will get better each day. Have a Job Congrats to you and dont get to gung ho, take it easy. You will be happy there I hope. God Bless you both.

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again Crochet is long in between. caregiving is hectic and Muggy weather prevents me to go out. Hot sun & humidity dont like this Body. I go when I have to Drs, Grocery Shopping. Cant be on feet more then 20 minutes takes fun out of my time away from house. I plan a lot, save, doing 12" squares
    so slow there to. Prayers as I need to get back into CT Post, missing new members and old Hehehe ones. Luv yah & God Bless

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    I am sure your love of crochet will help you find the time somehow. Maybe after you get into a routine with job and home chores. Hope your husband is coming along well with his recovery! Take care-one day at a time! imalefty
    Hi imalefty,
    Maybe I'll crochet tonight or tomorrow or both. I haven't crocheted since I started my job. Been sleeping a lot. Yes, my husband is recovering well from his sinus surgery but he still has back problems.

Jean Marie♥ Hugs