Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

I really need help with this patten!

Ok. So I feel a little silly because this pattern has been done so many times with a lot of success as shown on Ravelry. Though I am really afraid to continue in fear that I will mess it up.
    Ravelry: Ruffled Shawl/Cape pattern by Linda Kaye Smith. The cape looks like it is done by making two parts of the body, but no where in the pattern does she say this (or nowhere that I can see). Can someone please show me at least where it says this at, or reassure me that if I keep going the way I am that it will turn out alright? Thank you so much!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    On page four:
    FINISHING
    Sew in all loose ends. Assemble the two pieces on a counter top or other flat area so that you can see the lineup of the stitches. Line up bottom edges and neck edges and top edges and pin in place so that stitches are matching. BE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT SIDE UP SO YOU CAN SEE HOW YOUR STITCHING IS LOOKING. THIS WILL BE THE CENTER BACK SEAM SO YOU WANT IT MATCHED AND SMOOTH.
    Thread a yarn needle with yarn and beginning at bottom edge, weave back and forth from left side to right side pulling the seam tightly together and making sure that stitches line up properly. I use small stitches to be sure that the double crochets are pulled together and that there are not any ‘holes’ visible. Sew the pieces together from bottom edge to top edge adding some extra stitches at neck where the hood portion was added to the body portion.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile pattern problems

Quote Originally Posted by Jpdysart View Post
    On page four:
    FINISHING
    Sew in all loose ends. Assemble the two pieces on a counter top or other flat area so that you can see the lineup of the stitches. Line up bottom edges and neck edges and top edges and pin in place so that stitches are matching. BE SURE YOU HAVE THE RIGHT SIDE UP SO YOU CAN SEE HOW YOUR STITCHING IS LOOKING. THIS WILL BE THE CENTER BACK SEAM SO YOU WANT IT MATCHED AND SMOOTH.
    Thread a yarn needle with yarn and beginning at bottom edge, weave back and forth from left side to right side pulling the seam tightly together and making sure that stitches line up properly. I use small stitches to be sure that the double crochets are pulled together and that there are not any ‘holes’ visible. Sew the pieces together from bottom edge to top edge adding some extra stitches at neck where the hood portion was added to the body portion.
    J
    I couldn't download the pattern for some reason but from looking at the pictures
    it seems there are 3 parts to your pattern. The main body of the sweater is in 2 parts
    And the hood is also separate. You would need to sew the hood on
    and sew the back seam joining the two pieces.
    If you need more help please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct it is make in 2 part with the hood added. Note in body on page 2 of 4 --body chain 26 (MAKE 2), that mean to follow the body instructions twice. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary Louise