Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Ponchos

Post Thanks / Like

use your search options :)

Quote Originally Posted by vickat View Post
    Hi, What type of Poncho's did you make ? heavy or light ? I would like to see them or directions if it's okay with you. I made a Poncho a year ago & lost the directions !! Some where where I wouldn't forget !!
    I remember it was made in a rectangler shape, and very light for the summer. I used a large hook, and it looked very delicate.
    If you could help, WOW!!! that would make "My Day". Thank you for reading this and hope you reply.
    vickat
    Just wanted to mention that if you search, you'll find literally tons of patterns, photos, etc, for ex., even on Ravelry alone you'll find loads of patterns, free and paid of patterns for anything and you can contact the designers easily and talk to others who've made the pattern you like and they're usually more than willing to talk to you about it if you have questions. Searching the internet, be it youtube, websites, or whatever, is your best tool!

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw this one on Ravelry & it's nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    This one is nice too. I made a few for my granddaughters in their school colors & they love them

Post Thanks / Like
    I love your Ponch. It is awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mash52 View Post
    Hi mash52, I don't know if you're talking about my poncho or not, BUT IF you are, thank you very much! I love it and it's soft and light, warm but not hot. I still can't believe I wrote that complicated 9 size pattern I've written about 14 patterns now, and a few years ago I never would have dreamed I could, but I always try without giving up easily so usually I can make or do anything I want. Now I'm going to make a nice summer top and see how that goes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi mash52, I don't know if you're talking about my poncho or not, BUT IF you are, thank you very much! I love it and it's soft and light, warm but not hot. I still can't believe I wrote that complicated 9 size pattern I've written about 14 patterns now, and a few years ago I never would have dreamed I could, but I always try without giving up easily so usually I can make or do anything I want. Now I'm going to make a nice summer top and see how that goes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I was. SusanSoulShines, Your poncho is so pretty. Wow, You wrote pattern. I never even tried to write patterns. Is it hard to write them yourself. I can't wait to see your summer top.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait either!

Yes, I was. SusanSoulShines, Your poncho is so pretty. Wow, You wrote pattern. I never even tried to write patterns. Is it hard to write them yourself. I can't wait to see your summer top.

mash52, Thank you for the nice compliment about my poncho. Some patterns I can easily see thru and around, and can make one up without any problem. Some pieces tho, like some clothing, is another story. I love wearing my poncho and it is my best selling pattern. Easy to do and I do want to do another poncho that is the rectangle shape that's connected to make it the poncho shape with some fringe (which I never really liked much before) made of chain type stitches.

The summer top isn't my design, but the one I do after that might be. I do have a dressy 3/4 sleeve v-neck t-shirt top that I want to make for fall, and I have a cardigan type of top I'd love to make, but getting a lot of fine weight yarn is the problem with garments, to prevent bulkiness. And not enough time, I swear! I do wish more people would be more careful to use proper standards when writing patterns so people will understand them better, it makes them easier to write too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you are better now, Toffee. Ponchos are great, all year round; love them as much as I do shawls. I have a fire engine red in the making right now.
    Do you have any pictures of your ponchos?
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    SusanSoulShines, I would even begin to know how to write a pattern. Looks to hard. I never tried. I don't know how to even try. Where do you start at? Or how do you know where to start?