Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bobble afghan

Post Thanks / Like

Bobble afghan

All-Around Blanket - Patterns | Yarnspirations

I need help in reading this pattern. Hope someone can explain it to me. If not, I won't be making it anytime soon.
    Last edited by DonnaPBradshaw; 06-21-2015 at 05:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    What part do you need help with, Donna? It's a cute baby blanket.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    What part do you need help with, Donna? It's a cute baby blanket.

Shelley
    I've never dropped a loop, 2nd round is greek to me. I have done a bobble before but maybe a popcorn is different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Donna, I haven't ever used a crochet stitch where I had to drop a loop, either. Maybe someone else on here is familiar with it?

If you post another thread saying you need help, someone will surely come to your rescue!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Hey Donna, I haven't ever used a crochet stitch where I had to drop a loop, either. Maybe someone else on here is familiar with it?

If you post another thread saying you need help, someone will surely come to your rescue!

Shelley
    thanks Shelley! I will try this idea! I also could take it to a shop close to me and maybe they can show me how it's done.

Post Thanks / Like
    After you do the ch 3 and 3 dc in same space take your hook out of the lp on the hook, put the hook thru the top ch, then pull the dropped loop thru and it will cause the yarn to bubble up for the popcorn stitch. I think its just another name for the bobble stitch. Basically the bobble stitch and popcorn stitch are the same. Hope this helps you. You can also go to youtube and type in the name of the stitch and they should have a video. Good luck. Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cybarra View Post
    After you do the ch 3 and 3 dc in same space take your hook out of the lp on the hook, put the hook thru the top ch, then pull the dropped loop thru and it will cause the yarn to bubble up for the popcorn stitch. I think its just another name for the bobble stitch. Basically the bobble stitch and popcorn stitch are the same. Hope this helps you. You can also go to youtube and type in the name of the stitch and they should have a video. Good luck. Carol
    thanks cybarra! I will try this before bothering any one at a store that might charge me 20.00 dollars!

Post Thanks / Like
    Your very welcome, hope I explained it ok, usually I have better luck showing someone. By the way, thats a beautiful blanket. Would like to see it when your done. Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, apparently there is a difference between the bobble and popcorn stitch. If you go to crochetconcupiscence.com/2011/03/bobbles-vs-popcorn-vs-clusters they explain how to do each stitch. There is just a little difference between them. Hope this helps. Carol