Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Need help

Post Thanks / Like

Need help

I do not know how to read crochet graph. I have been looking at you tube, that has been a help, but the pattern I want to do makes no sense.
    Here is the link to the pattern. MyPicot | Free crochet patterns
    Diagram of tunic: what do all those numbers mean?
    How do you make that little swatch into that beautiful tunic.
    If you can please help me. I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanking you all in advance for reading my plea for help.
    joyceaw4

Post Thanks / Like
    Joyce, try this if you haven't already seen it.

Dummies US:: Page Not Found

Type that in. I have used the "dummies" books for lots of things and find them easy to use. They are just the thing for "dummies", like me. Have gotten help for my i-pad use for one thing.

Oops, I will go see what happened. Be back soon, I hope.

Post Thanks / Like
    Joyce, let's try this again. I am on an iPad. Search - type in:

Dummies.com
    On the home page go to their search box and type in: how to follow a stitch diagram in crochet.

Will have 5 things there, and I think it was the 3rd one titled "crochet guide stitch" and under that scroll down to "how to follow a stitch diagram, etc. ......" And click on it. I hope you get there o.k. I am not too good in giving directions and don't know what you are using computer wise. I really like the Dummies site and have bought some of their books in the past.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, will try that. I want so badly to learn, so I can make this sweater.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joyceaw4 View Post
    Thank you, will try that. I want so badly to learn, so I can make this sweater.
    I don't have that download converter thing, so I can't get that pattern. Sorry, but it seems that you would have to download it to get the pattern and then you could tell about the sleeves. If you do have it, then I hope the dummies pages will help you with the pattern. Let me know if I can help.

Post Thanks / Like

Picture of the entire pattern I have

Need help-cpp-84-jpgNeed help-cpp-82-jpgNeed help-cpp-82-jpgNeed help-cpp-82-jpgNeed help-cpp-81-jpg
    the graph, the diagram the picture of sweater, no needle sizes, yarn amount.

7. Likes SharonO liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Joyce, what kind of computer are you on? I ask because when I am on a laptop or a desktop, I get a download box that I don't get on my iPad. Do you know what I am talking about? I see it a lot. It is a good sized box large letters, says -
    View PDF. Under that is - from Doc to PDF, under that in a red box it says - Download - with a white arrow pointing down.
    I have not done that, as I said, so I can't download it. I presume, since it is beside the picture, that it would give the pattern and all necessary. I got the exact same thing you sent, and I don't see how it could be made unless one is an expert an can count stitches from the picture. They don't even give the no. to chain to start. Except maybe that expert could count from the pic. Need to know gauge, yarn, needles, etc. if you can get that "Download" box I feel it would open the door that I feel is shut. Let me know about the computer. Although, I think you must know all that stuff already and with years of experience. Thanks for keeping in touch. You have me feeling involved now, fun, no?

Post Thanks / Like
    Joyce, what kind of computer are you on? I ask because when I am on a laptop or a desktop, I get a download box that I don't get on my iPad. Do you know what I am talking about? I see it a lot. It is a good sized box large letters, says -
    View PDF. Under that is - from Doc to PDF, under that in a red box it says - Download - with a white arrow pointing down.
    I have not done that, as I said, so I can't download it. I presume, since it is beside the picture, that it would give the pattern and all necessary. I got the exact same thing you sent, and I don't see how it could be made unless one is an expert an can count stitches from the picture. They don't even give the no. to chain to start. Except maybe that expert could count from the pic. Need to know gauge, yarn, needles, etc. if you can get that "Download" box I feel it would open the door that I feel is shut. Let me know about the computer. Although, I think you must know all that stuff already and with years of experience. Thanks for keeping in touch. You have me feeling involved now, fun, no?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have my phone, my tabbie, my laptop, and the house computer, I can send command to print out anything, even when I am not home. My husband is the one that knows computers and he is the one that downloaded and printed it for me. I have even ask the designer for help. No response
    I guess this will be put on my wish list. Lol.
    thank you so much for your time spent trying to help me.
    Blessings to you Always,
    joyceaw4

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I can't think of anything else to do. Yes, I can print out the same thing you have. But, as I said, I can't do the View PDF which should then open the pattern directions to be printed. I have come across this before - they have a pic, and some info, which can be printed out, but to gat the actual pattern you have to download the PDF which always is somewhere around to the side. Sometimes it is easily missed. The pattern instructions will not show on the screen even just to be read. The only way to be seen and printed is by the PDF. Oh, well, at least we gave it a good try. Hopefully you will hear from the designer. Sometimes they are a funny bunch.