Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Thread: Need help

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Joyce,
    the 1st picture of the diagrams - the numbers are the rows. You crochet right to left so I'm pretty sure you read the pattern diagram from right to left.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    don't know if you can understand this.
    How to read Crochet Chart with Crochet Symbols

Post Thanks / Like
    jean, I have been trying to help Joyce. I think she can catch on to the chart. But, I am no expert and can understand a lot of the chart. The chart she has shows how to do the stitch pattern. The lines on the side and bottom show the stitch pattern which will be repeated. I think it is about 25 sts x 7 rows. But regardless, she needs instructions with details. Needles, yarn, when and how to increase for the sleeve and the decrease for the neck. They are not shown in the diagram, as i am sure a lot of other things are needed that arent shown. It will take the written directions, and I don't have the PDF ability to get them. I can only print patterns that they let you print out. I have printed the same thing Joyce has gotten but I am not good enough to figure out the actual shape, etc. Of course, I didn't think of it, but you would get all of this from my post exchanges with Joyce. Sorry, this is just repeating what you have probably already read. I am stumped at this point. Thanks for your help though some of the sites will help her learn to read charts.

Post Thanks / Like

reading graphs

Hello Ladies,
    I too, would love to understand reading graphs better. What I do understand from this one is that the pattern is that the pattern is on a 25 stitch for each set of patterns plus the 5 DC at the end, the numbers at the very bottom are sizes and if you start with a chain of 25X +5 depending what size you want. Then each row shows the stitches needed. As I am trying to answer this the diagram has disappeared so I cannot tell you what row two should be but the row starts with ch 3 then I think it was 1 DC in each of next 2 ch stitches then ch 3 and then I do not remember. But the symbols tell you the stitches for each row. Start at the right side of the diagram and crochet across. If I can get back here I will try to give you the written instructions of a set of 2 of the patterns but I do not know how to gauge the size you need

Post Thanks / Like
    Joyce, have you heard back from the designer? elproct seems to have found written instructions...wants to know the size you would want. I would want the 46-48 size. let me know the status of the whole "mystery". Hope you get a solution to it and we all can sleep (LOL) better.
    Of course, it would be best if you have gotten the help from the designer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, I do not have written instructions, I was reading the diagram but lost it. Will try to find it back

Post Thanks / Like
    I call tell by comparing the graph with the finished product that the long lines with short lines crossing them are double crochet and the little sideways marks that look like lemons are chain stitches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joyceaw4 View Post
    I do not know how to read crochet graph. I have been looking at you tube, that has been a help, but the pattern I want to do makes no sense.
    Here is the link to the pattern. MyPicot | Free crochet patterns
    Diagram of tunic: what do all those numbers mean?
    How do you make that little swatch into that beautiful tunic.
    If you can please help me. I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanking you all in advance for reading my plea for help.
    joyceaw4

This may help. Free Filet Crochet Charts and Patterns: How To Read a Filet Crochet Chart