Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Foundation Chain Question

I have a terrible habit of wanting symmetry in my projects. I began the long side of a scarf with the sc chainless foundation and it's very pretty, so I would like to edge the other side of the scarf with the same. Does anyone know how I could do this? I even made a separate foundation and tried to crochet it on - total disaster. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand your question.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry - I thought I was being plain enough! I began the long side of a scarf with a chainless sc foundation. I've now crocheted the scarf to the other long edge and would like to finish with another chainless sc foundation, but I don't know how to do this. Everything I've read only tells you how to start with the chainless foundation. Does anyone know how to finish with it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Nova,
    I'm slow in understanding sometimes. I looked too but couldn't find anything but I found this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=78&v=r6xMOqoxlZk

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for your effort, but it wasn't what I was looking for. I'm beginning to think I'll have to come up with something completely different for that edge.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see you even tried crocheting a separate foundation and crocheted it on and you said it was a disaster. I don't know how you crocheted it on but if you make the foundation again you might want to use the invisible join but that might be hard to do. It probably would be easier to crochet something on.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might try entering bind off, or cast off. I seem to think I have seen a way to end that will look like the beginning chain. I think this is what you are wanting. The end to look like the beginning. I'll do some looking and see if I can find what I have in mind. Get back with you soon as I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nova55 sorry, I tried. It seems the mind and memory have let me down. I found about 7 different ways to bind off, but they are all for knitting. One even uses a crochet hook as one needle, but alas, it is knit also.
    I can only find the one way to bind off in crochet. Unless the pattern tells you to use a stitch, like doing picots. Those are usually all the way around. Or you can put them last, then attach yarn at beginning and do the same picots there, in other words, they will be on both sides of your scarf. I am really sorry. It has been quite a while since I looked at the copies in my tutorial folders. That is why I remembered, just not that they were knit. I bet I won't forget that for a while, at least. But don't ask me next week. Lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Would it work if you did the last row in a tunisian crochet/afghan stitch. It might be reasonably close, there are several different stitches you could try. Good luck, let us know what you decide and post a picture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crochet in the back bump. It kinda mimics the effect of the chainless foundation.
    ---HarriEtta