Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabtree View Post
    Maybe you could teach this old dog a new trick about Pinterest. It pops up on my email but I don't know how to get the patterns. Also, I only have an IPAD but don't know how to post pictures on this site & so far NO one has been able to help me.

Many thanks, Crabtree
    Crabtree, Pinterest is a fabulous site to find wonderful free crochet patterns. The beautiful things some people make are truly unbelievable.

Just go to Pinterest.com. You have to create an account, but it's free. Once you're in, just type in Free Crochet Patterns and you'll be surprised at all the wonderful patterns that come up.

I have a Pinterest board with over 700 crochet patterns pinned to it. Most all of the patterns are free. Here's the link to my boards:

Click on the "Crochet Love" board to see all the patterns I've pinned. I also have hundreds of yummy recipies pinned, too, on my "Yummies" board.

Happy crocheting!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Susan, I'm sorry to hear that you're taking a break from your blog. I've followed it from the very beginning and you put a lot of work into it. It's a great blog and you've helped so many people!

Our lives are constantly evolving and changing. I understand your need to take a break from it. But I'm glad you'll be on here more often!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Wishing you the best of everything, you do what you have to make you happy!! Be safe, be happy and be well!!

hugs,
    gramzie

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susan,
    It sounds to me like you were spreading yourself too thin! I think your decision to stop your blog site was a good one for you. I'm sure all of your followers are unhappy about it, but you need to do what is best for you at this time in your life. I wish you good health and much happiness in whatever you decide to do. I am so happy you are staying here on CT with all of us. We would miss you terribly if you left us!!
    ~~ Big Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me hear from often, Your web site had a lot great information. I have save a great deal of that information.

I am giving you my address,look forward to hearing from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep smiling and my prayers are with you.

Love
    Mary Louise Budd
    9017 Old Turnpike Rd.
    Culpeper,Virginia 22701

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not going any wher, just closing the blog site!

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Louise View Post
    Let me hear from often, Your web site had a lot great information. I have save a great deal of that information.

I am giving you my address,look forward to hearing from you!!!! Keep smiling and my prayers are with you.

Love Mary Louise

Hi Mary Louise, I wanted to let you know that I'm not leaving or going any place! I'll still be on Crochet Talk, my facebook crochet page: Google+, Ravelry, Craftsy, Pinterest, Twitter, The Yarn Box, CrochetPatternBonanza, CrochetAtPlay, facebook crochet psges, crochet websites around the web, and so on!!! So you're not getting rid of me at all, only the blog site will be closed. I'll email you, private or public message you on here, or anywhere, any time! I'm honored that you want to stay in touch with me, I'll be all over the place as usual!! love susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Louise View Post

I am giving you my address,look forward to hearing from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep smiling and my prayers are with you.

Love
    Mary Louise
    It's best not to have your home address on here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    Good Luck with whatever you want to do. Blogs are a lot more trouble than people realize. It takes up a lot of your time. I use to have a crochet forum of my own and I found I was spending all my time on it and had no time for myself. I wanted to answer everyones questions and problems they were having getting into the forum. It was a private forum, by invitation only. I loved it but it was taking a tole on my health so I had another lady take it over.
    I pray your health improves. I know I couldn't ever do it again.

You're so right, they take a lot of time but that's the only way to be successful with one these day. I'm glad everyone understands that I just have other things to learn and do, but will still be all over the place, lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Susan,
    It sounds to me like you were spreading yourself too thin! I think your decision to stop your blog site was a good one for you. I'm sure all of your followers are unhappy about it, but you need to do what is best for you at this time in your life. I wish you good health and much happiness in whatever you decide to do. I am so happy you are staying here on CT with all of us. We would miss you terribly if you left us!!
    ~~ Big Hugs, Jo
    Jo, that is simply how you have to be with a blog today if you want people to find it, follow it, use it, etc, etc. You must be all over the internet, full time... everyone does that and then some, like staying home with small kids and even home schooling them, adding to their sites things like recipes & cooking, crafts, kid party planning, fantastic photography for their crochet pics, painting, decorating, and so much that I see some of them doing well but many will probably slip down fast at that pace! The main problem for me was time, altho I was never going to branch out from crochet, which meant none for advancing my crochet level and learning the new things I want to do, which are several things!

I pace my entire life out around my health, so I just needed extra time, which with a blog site there is none, to take the classes, learn and practice that information, and practice more design. The only way to accomplish that was to take the time from the blog site and put it elsewhere. I loved the blog and will miss it, but will love it more when I can learn new crochet and out it to action.

Thx for your comments! love susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Crabtree, Pinterest is a fabulous site to find wonderful free crochet patterns. The beautiful things some people make are truly unbelievable.

Just go to Pinterest.com. You have to create an account, but it's free. Once you're in, just type in Free Crochet Patterns and you'll be surprised at all the wonderful patterns that come up.

I have a Pinterest board with over 700 crochet patterns pinned to it. Most all of the patterns are free. Here's the link to my boards:

Click on the "Crochet Love" board to see all the patterns I've pinned. I also have hundreds of yummy recipies pinned, too, on my "Yummies" board.

Happy crocheting!

Shelley
    Shelley, that is the best thing about Pinterest then, but the designer has to put the words "free crochet pattern" in front of every pinned pattern on their board or it won't come up in that search. I have a good board that I've had to go thru a few times to fix it back when somehow people were getting my links and making them go around in circles, also they were somehow getting into my media library of pics from my blog site with OUT my permission... some people can get insane on there. Thx for that tip tho!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 06-02-2015 at 11:46 PM.