Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

4-24-15 Soulshine Creations By Susan - Blog post

Enjoy over the weekend and keep for future reference!!! Thx

4-24 FridayFlowers;CrochetTips-Lessons;WarmWeatherPatterns;DesignerInterviews;Sub scriber’sProject | Soul Shine Creations By Susan

Hope to catch up with yall some this weekend, love susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, I commented on your blog, but for those here who haven't seen the tip you shared this week, I wanted to mention it. It is a double knot method for joining or changing colors of thread/yarn. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a valuable bit of information to have to work with. The tutorial is really helpful in explaining how to do the knots. I have been crocheting for many years and am learning something new almost every week.
    If you try it, please comment on the forum to let us know how it works for you.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire43 View Post
    Susan, I commented on your blog, but for those here who haven't seen the tip you shared this week, I wanted to mention it. It is a double knot method for joining or changing colors of thread/yarn. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a valuable bit of information to have to work with. The tutorial is really helpful in explaining how to do the knots. I have been crocheting for many years and am learning something new almost every week.
    If you try it, please comment on the forum to let us know how it works for you.
    Hi Bev/sapphire, thank you for commenting on my blog site, it was much appreciated! I'm honored that I can help you learn new things even with your long time experience, I'm sure you could show me a thing or two for sure and I wish we could get together and do just that! I'm really just finding things that help you & me and others, and sharing it, which is what it's all about, except that I need to learn more design, learn to make garments that fit me well, just advance my crochet level in all areas in general.

I honestly don't have time to learn how and practice doing that right now, so somethings will have to change. I've already begun making my blog posts shorter, and I'm making plans to stop the blog for approx a year when my contract ends in July to focus on the other things I mentioned. I hope to then start an improved blog site and share what I've learned, and carry on from there, playing it by ear I suppose. One step at a time for what is best for everyone! I do want people to know about this before I do it, so I began hinting at it and am now discussing it on all of my sites.

I answered as many comments as I could last week, and I approved them all to show for everyone to read. I was surprised, but yet not really, because I knew I had a good crochet core following, but didn't know I had such a great and loyal group of friends who truly read my posts and get a lot from it, and enjoy getting them so much - that really made my day! Those are the ones I spend time and thoughts doing the site for, those of you who read them when they can and look for ward to getting my emails announcing that a new post is ready for them - thank you all again. Crochet Talk has been a huge support group for me and has given me many new friends who also love crochet! I truly hope that at least this core group of friends and subscribers will be here if and when I start a new blog site, but if not we can always remain in touch as friends online!

I plan to learn a lot of new things, some thru the fantastic and very informative Craftsy classes, and some from various other sites using more experience people's knowledge that they share so well, then I'll need time to put my new knowledge into action, also be learning learn and do more design. Then I my restart the blog, but it will probably be down for a year so I can get another blog plan set up to share my new crochet knowledge in a manner that others can gain benefit from it. As it is right now, the blog in total from start to finish takes quite a few hours every week that I need for doing other things I have planned for my crochet.

I have used this method of joining yarn that you mention in this comment, and it took a few tried but works very well once you get the hang of it. If it's done right, it works - if done wrong, you'll know it right away because it will not work. You may want to consider putting your comment to my blog post comment section simply because I have no reason to think that many people read my blog post threads on here, since they figure it's only me announcing my post has been published and I very rarely get comments on here, that's why I say that. Most people use the comment section of the blog site, but it's up to you of course. I'm glad you found it so useful and were willing to give it a try!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 05-13-2015 at 10:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have started using the double knot. It's great when changing yarn or for when you add the same color. I started using it about a month ago. With this method no more weaving in ends or worrying that it might unravel.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is something to suit every crocheter at any skill level on your blog. Learning never stops; it helps the memory and keeps the mind active!
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochetdiva View Post
    There is something to suit every crocheter at any skill level on your blog. Learning never stops; it helps the memory and keeps the mind active!
    Thx Harrietta, I agree! I love crochet even more since it's so interesting, always a new stitch variation, or unique pattern, tips /hints/ideas you forgot or never knew, plus meeting do many wonderful crochet lovers that become friends! Thx for your reply!

7. Likes crochetdiva liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maryabaribeau@yahoo.com View Post
    I have started using the double knot. It's great when changing yarn or for when you add the same color. I started using it about a month ago. With this method no more weaving in ends or worrying that it might unravel.
    Ok, so you & I have used it, any probably others too, so I'd say we have a winner here! Thx for letting people know it's worth a try Marya!! love susan

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using the "standing sc" when changing thread or starting in a different place on the doilies I make. It makes a smoother, less bulky and less noticeable joining. Only a small thread tail to work over. Lately, I have been crocheting mostly with thread and am so glad I found this on your blog. I think all of us are always looking for shortcuts to make our work easier and nicer looking and you have shared some great information. Looking forward to the blog tomorrow.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire43 View Post
    I have been using the "standing sc" when changing thread or starting in a different place on the doilies I make. It makes a smoother, less bulky and less noticeable joining. Only a small thread tail to work over. Lately, I have been crocheting mostly with thread and am so glad I found this on your blog. I think all of us are always looking for shortcuts to make our work easier and nicer looking and you have shared some great information. Looking forward to the blog tomorrow.
    Thx for telling me that, it's great to be able to find hings to help people so much, esp those who've crocheted a lifetime longer than me! I hope it will always be this way! love susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan! Hope all is going well! Would it be possible for you to add your new posts to your special forum section? This will keep them in the same section so they can be found easily. I will also see if I can transfer the blog posts you have made to the section.