Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you make the scarf first, then sew it onto the jacket? I have a couple of little ones that would love this idea!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi again 3catlady. I did make the scarf first then sewed it unto the jacket. It is much easier to either gather the ruffles tighter or ease them a little looser to get the fit to match the item you're sewing it unto. Because the scarf is already done, you don't have to make sure to use as many sewing stitches to get the ruffle to stay in place. I hope you'll try this idea. I got the jeans jacket at the reuzit shop and adding the ruffle where she wanted made it look like a new piece of clothing that would have cost a lot more than $2.50 for the jacket and the $2.45 for the sashay yarn (I was lucky to find it on super sale at AC Moore so I got as many colors as I could at that price). I have a basket full of sashay and starbella yarn just waiting to be done. Oh, one more thing, you can add the ruffle to more than one or two items when you're making them for the little ones since it doesn't take much of a piece of scarf to adorn a piece for a little one or even for yourself. Shelly

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shelly I go to a couple tores like that on Tuesday and get 40% off as Im a senior. I may do that for my donations, I have other ideas Id like to use your ideas to. How Fun Thank you For Such Fun Ideas. Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered 3 sashay type Christmas yarns from Herrschner's. You are right about the price. It was $4.99 each which is the same as Michaels and AC Moore but the shipping and handling was $7.45 which would be just under $7.50 each. If the yarn is really nice I will order more even at that price. After all, what good is it if I can't find the yarn? Thanks again for the info. Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    I have thought of a vee neck or square neck shirt to put the sashay yarn around also. Right ow, I have to get the 14 done for 2 ladies that are aging me for them. Then I will have fun using leftovers from some of the scarves to use for decorations.
    The Christmas sashay, red, green and white, using about 3 of them, should make a pretty wealth for the holidays!

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    the wreath sounds perfect. I am thinking I would use floral pins to hold the ruffles onto a foam wreath base then add a few beautiful Christmas picks and call it a done project that would be both gorgeous and unique. Thanks for the great idea. Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad I could give you an idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    Theresa, try Walmarts online. They sell red heart and Michaels, JoAnn Fabrics and all of these places have sales all the time on yarn and deals on shipping. Red heart will sell you their stuff but at higher prices than anywhere else unless of course you get in on their sales. Sign up on all those sites and they'll send you warning when they are having sales online. I love getting that stuff. Also try Mary Maxim and Hershbergers. That's my list. Enjoy, Betty
    PS Where do you live at Theresa? Just curious.