Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just did a small order Bubdle of Love etc so we'll see (Wal-Mart as I rarely get hubby to take me there. Thanks Ill do that / catalogue is better for colours. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Red Heart yarn

If you sign up for the Herrschnerrs catalog, they occasionally have free shipping. A very good deal, the yarn is not too overpriced and the gas you would spend to shop makes it a real saving.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey everyone. Shelly here to thank everyone for the great information on getting yarn. I found the Sashay metallics at Jo-ann's and paid a lot so I only got two colors. I was at Michaels on Sunday and they had all the metallic colors there at a much better price (only $4.99 a skein). Has anyone else used the Sashay metallics? I absolutely am in love with them. I would like to hear what other yarn lovers think of this choice. Getting ready to make a scarf with Sashay metallic Aquamarine. Then I have plans to start a broomstick lace wrap. Have a great evening everyone and thanks again for all the great information Shelly

4. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelly I have used Sashay Metallic in Black & Gold for DIL scarf. She is allways cold in winter even indoors so I made the scarf to go with Gold & Black Slippers I bought for her. I also found fingerless gloves to match and she loved them, she know Im a little weird so I Made a Bed Shawl in Gold with Black trim. She Loves Me. LOL Hope you like the Sashay as I do. Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Teresa, You might try Beverly's Crafts, their prices are amoung the best, and their shipping is quick and reasonable. One of my favorite sources.

Post Thanks / Like
    The red, white and green sashay can be ordered from Herrschners online. Also try Mary Maxim online. Prices do not seem to be any different than Michaels or JoAnn's.
    I love Sashay yarns. I have been asked to make about 15 of them for someone to use as Christmas gifts. I am on my 12th one now! There are metallics, sequins and the regular ones in the mix.
    Do you have patterns other than just to make the scarves?
    Last edited by 3catlady; 08-15-2013 at 05:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Create for Less has bargains; not always exactly what you are looking for; and usually a small discount for buying 3 or more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info Susan M J. I too love the sashay. I have a granddaughter who is 9 and I used the Jive color to sew a ruffle onto the bottom of her favorite jeans jacket. All the other girls at school want one now but she said "my Nana made this for me so you can't buy it in the store". So the fashion diva has her one of a kind jacket. I also made a scarf to match, I just made it shorter for her size. She has more fashion sense at 9 than I do at 60 lol. Thanks again, Shelly

10. Likes N/A, GrammaJoe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi 3catlady. That is great news. Herrschners used to send me their catalog many years ago but I forgot all about them as a yarn option. How do you like the sashay metallics? I just love each and every color. Also, the yarn is so easy to work with I get the metallics done quicker than the other styles. Thanks again for the great info. I'll be checking that out today. Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to mention that there is a pattern for adding the sashay to a crochet tote-type purse. I wouldn't use it because i'd always be getting the yarn caught in everything lol. I saw a pattern to add the new longer eyelash type yarn with the sashay or starbella to make a scarf. Looks pretty but sometimes can be hard to find the color of eyelash yarn that can go with a sashay yarn you like. btw, you can always add the sashay to a collar or bottom of a jacket to make a pretty amazing look. I don't have the patterns but I've seen the "free take one" ideas at the yarn sections at Michaels and AC Moore. Shelly