Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Scented Yarn

Post Thanks / Like

Scented Yarn

Have you ever used scented yarn? I mistakenly bought 3 balls of Sugar 'n Cream cotton that's scented. It actually smells good, kind of like fabric dryer sheets. I'm surprised the scent isn't really strong. Hopefully, it won't make my nose itch when I use it, or make me sneeze lol.

Shelley

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes Ive had it. Used my green and white and it is kinda strong. I hope washing will help. Good Luck.

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never seen the scented yarn in stores here yet, but I'll be sure not to buy any, since a lot of the fragrances give me migraines or at least a headache. I believe Butterflyrose mentioned buying some on a thread not long ago. Maybe she will comment if she has used it yet.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire43 View Post
    I have never seen the scented yarn in stores here yet, but I'll be sure not to buy any, since a lot of the fragrances give me migraines or at least a headache. I believe Butterflyrose mentioned buying some on a thread not long ago. Maybe she will comment if she has used it yet.
    I bought the yarn at JoAnn's. The label looks the same as the regular balls, same price, same size. It does have the word "scented" on the label. You'd think they'd mark the scented yarn better, like maybe with a different color label.

I'm using it now and the scent is strong to me. It's not unpleasent smelling, just strong. And I feel like I need to wash my hands to get the scent off them. I'm making a dish towl and will definitely be washing it before I use it.

Shelley

6. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used it before and like the scent but the yarn seemed a little bit "stiffer" than the same brand without the added scent. I used it for hot pads and potholders. I haven't seen it in the stores recently. I agree that the label should be more clearly marked.
    Sandy

Post Thanks / Like
    My neighbor was using it and showed it to me. She loves it, but I prefer no smell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't know there was such a thing as scented yarn. Not a good thing with people like me who have severe allergies. ...and I really like Sugar n Cream so i will be careful when I make a future purchase.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seem it, I believe it was either Michaels or AC Moore but that was a couple of years ago and then it was gone. People who have allergies would be more affected by it and I wonder how long the scent would last after repeated washings.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    scent was good but I found out I'm allergic to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley! I bought a skein of the scented yarn from Cutratecrafts(online store) to try. As of yet, I haven't used it. The scent is nice and has a lovely degree of odor. Mine is Bernat Handicrafter in rose petal scent.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!