Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Been downhill but hoping to head back up! 4-17-15 Susan's Soul Shines Blog Post

4-17 Friday Flowers Special; Blog Site Goes Over 200 in 4-15, Online Almost A Year – Thank You All So Much!! | Soul Shine Creations By Susan

The above is the link for my current post from Friday, which I'll be shortening some, and the post has a special request if you'd please take a quick look at it IF you use my posts or read them at all, that is. I appreciate you taking a quick minute to help me out since I'm at a sort of a turning point with the site.

I mentioned recently that I've been having a lot of medical testing done, and I got overwhelmed by it and getting behind on things, not able to do all I wanted to and had to so since my pain makes me move slow as it is. My husband really picks up the load for me when I can't function well, he's too good to me! I've been having a lot of new health problems with my Pulmonary / Circulatory system, including severe edema so bad I could only wear 2 pairs of adjustable shoes and that's been a long time problem for me since having pre-eclampsia during my 1st pregnancy almost 40 yrs ago, I had extreme leg heaviness from the knees down and they looked sunburned on those days. I had even more muscle spasms than normal that I thought was just Fibro acting up, and I was losing too much sleep. I was able to just stop both of my inhalers as of last week, yayyy, but my oxygen level was getting too low during sleep and caused sleep apnea.

My husband was alarmed by my appearing to not be breathing or moving during sleep, and he kept at me to have it checked out. I avoided sleeping at times but would also at times not be able to sleep & often stayed up for 2 days with no sleep. That is NOT good for you! I got a CPAP machine that is not oxygen like I thought, thankfully it's just air to make you restart breathing right away when you stop, and to prevent it from happening.

In 2 nights of using it my moderate apnea went from stopping breathing 20 X per hour down to 6 one night and 4 the second night! So to avoid a possible heart attack when the heart beats too fast to restart breathing, I'll be wearing the mask and letting the machine help me get better in other ways too. I had no idea those little machines could even possibly help in so many things, I'm hoping to at least get some relief from the new problems that have piled up. The Fibro and osteoA pain make lying down painful and I'd be thrilled of my pain threshold could be stronger.

Enough about my miseries, have a great weekend and my blog post explains about the posts getting shorter to be more like most you see, so no big thing really but it will save me hours each week and I can still put out some good content! Thx for your constant support, we're all here for each other and that is a wonderful part of this group!!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 04-20-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, I'm so sorry you're having a such hard time with your fibro. I've recently had mild heaviness in my lower legs from when I've been on my feet a lot during that day. It was miserable for me even though it's nothing like you're dealing with. I didn't know you were having to use a walker. My gosh. I'm so glad you've got your sweet hubby to help you!!!

I've been having a hard time opening up your site. It's not you or the site! It's my internet service. I only have DSL because it's all that's available for me, living out in the country. I swear sometimes I have to stand on one foot and cross one eye to get my internet to work LOL. It's so frustrating.

Hang in there girl, and I hope you're feeling good today!

Hugs,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry, I hope you get to feeling better. Glad your sleep apnea is getting under control. I know sever people that have to use those mask things, they said they were uncomfortable. But better than the alternitive.
    God Bless

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    I am so sorry, I hope you get to feeling better. Glad your sleep apnea is getting under control. I know sever people that have to use those mask things, they said they were uncomfortable. But better than the alternitive.
    God Bless
    Hi meerkat, and thank you. My mask isn't uncomfortable at all, but the pain and lack of sleep is! My pain threshold lowers when I don't sleep, like last night only 3 hours and I wake up in so much pain I can't walk. Tonight I make my self lie down and crochet in bed, then turn the light off after a while. When I don't sleep, everything is worse. I would suck the dirt off of rocks in my yard to get relief, lol, so a little mask is nothing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Susan, I'm so sorry you're having a such hard time with your fibro. I've recently had mild heaviness in my lower legs from when I've been on my feet a lot during that day. It was miserable for me even though it's nothing like you're dealing with. I didn't know you were having to use a walker. My gosh. I'm so glad you've got your sweet hubby to help you!!!

I've been having a hard time opening up your site. It's not you or the site! It's my internet service. I only have DSL because it's all that's available for me, living out in the country. I swear sometimes I have to stand on one foot and cross one eye to get my internet to work LOL. It's so frustrating.

Hang in there girl, and I hope you're feeling good today!

Hugs,
    Shelley
    Hi Shelley, yeah, slow internet is for the birds! I used my walker,m it has a seat and wheels, full time last year inside the home and out from July till Nov, then only out of the home here long walks with nothing to hold on are. That at least is an improvement. I thought Fibro was the worst pain that existed until the osteoA. got so bad. Like I told meerkat, with 3 hours of sleep last night I can barely walk today, so I have to try to sleep better. The past 2 nights were 8 hrs and 7 hrs, so that was great, just had a bad night with pain last night. One day at a time, right?! love susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, so sorry to hear about all that you are going through and I pray you will get better soon. I have edema as well and there are times my legs swell up like balloons. I am on lasix for them. I know how pain can affect sleep. I am in pain 24 hours a day and I know I wake up quite often at night because it hurts roll over. I also have sleep apnea. They are planning on doing another sleep study sometime. My new doctor wants to get the records from my last test several years ago first then we will go from there after he sees what it says.

Post Thanks / Like
    My prayers are with you. I have the sleep problem also so I know how you feel. Had a mini stroke in 2013 resulting in surgery on right neck artery. My balance has been poor since then and I have to use a cane. I have not had the pains that you have but some pretty bad episodes every now and then. I have been blessed because I have survived cancer and two mini strokes so hang in there and keep the faith. God bless you.

Post Thanks / Like
    HMMMmm, I really feel for you Susan and I hope all these tests help. I sounds like a lot of us on crochet talk have sleep apnea. I have for years as has My husband. swollen legs, reddened when i get up at night. My symptoms are really minor compared to yours, so look after yourself.
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

9. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susan my goodness friend Pain and etc is really testing you. Try to sleep is hard as I try to listen to soft music & that helps a little. Energy, lazy is the word I use to say (others Mo etc did so I thought I was NOT ! As my edgyness is from not being able to go out garden, down basement take a short walk. My Legs, hand, back. What I do is Smile, Laugh and nap or get up and do some chore. like to see things done?? Mine is so minor comparing as I do to you and others (wont name) I caregive & want a smile, tease a little BUT he does'nt know Im in such pain. larry is slowly getting tired, does'nt do much so I pick up slack. Im pleased to do as God knows Larry allways did most things. Sorry for a speech. Susan did you forget your misery's for a second?? Reading my message??? Love 'N' Prayers Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan,
    I'm so sorry to hear of your ongoing troubles. I look forward to reading your blog. Even a short one adds interest and brightness to my day.

I too use a CPAP. There are several different masks with different fits. Don't hesitate to ask for different fits. The first few nights using mine, I woke with it tossed across the bed. Finally began to get use to wearing it. Good restorative sleep is the first step towards healing. Hang in there!
    I just had lower spine fusions three weeks ago, so this newsletter is a delight to read and keep my mind off my troubles. This is a very supportive group!