Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  5
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susie Ann,
    I made the different pieces for the penguins over time.

I live in a medium size town in northern California, it is called Oroville.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am curious about something, about how tall are your penquins? The reason I ask is because I am wondering if they would be suitable for a child toy or someone who likes stuffed animals. By the looks of the basket that you have them sitting in they are fairly good size and would not be suitable for a baby to use if made into a rattle for them. I do a lot of crocheting, unfortunately I haven't had the time to teach myself how to knit, and I have been saving medicine bottles to fill part way with beans, bells, macaroni, things like this that make noise, I have found that a lot of the small stuffed animals can be used as rattles for babies. I also hot glue the lids on. You did a wonderful job of making these two friends, have you thought about making a bow to put on 1's head so 1 could be a girl for the other?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmommy of 5 View Post
    i am curious about something, about how tall are your penquins? The reason I ask is because I am wondering if they would be suitable for a child toy or someone who likes stuffed animals. By the looks of the basket that you have them sitting in they are fairly good size and would not be suitable for a baby to use if made into a rattle for them. I do a lot of crocheting, unfortunately I haven't had the time to teach myself how to knit, and I have been saving medicine bottles to fill part way with beans, bells, macaroni, things like this that make noise, I have found that a lot of the small stuffed animals can be used as rattles for babies. I also hot glue the lids on. You did a wonderful job of making these two friends, have you thought about making a bow to put on 1's head so 1 could be a girl for the other?
    Hi Grandmommy of 5,
    The penguin is about 6 1/2 inches tall. No, I haven't thought about putting a bow on the one penguin.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaPBradshaw View Post
    They are so cute! who are they for? I'm sure whoever gets them will be thrilled!
    Donna P. Bradshaw, Hi, I gave one penguin away and I didn't see the person at the community center and I asked someone else if she wanted a penguin and she said her kids liked penguins but I haven't gotten around to getting it to her yet.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    The penquins are so cute. You did such a wonderful job. I like penquins. I want to make some for my new house to put out at Christmas time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Sonnetta!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty penguins. Congrats on a job well done!

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,
    Your penguins are adorable!! You did a wonderful job. I'd like to find a crochet pattern to make some. I can knit, but prefer crochet.

Thanks for sharing!!!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Thanks Poinciana and dancingbaehr. Jo, someone else on crochet talk had some penguins she did.
    Jean Marie