Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    i am working on a hat and baby hat and mittens which i fine easy to do with no pattern also i just finished a baby afghan for my daughter

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! Currently working on a placemat (granny rectangle) and my granny squares messenger bag which I mentioned in the thread "What to do with scrap yarn?". I also have one ongoing knitting project which is a more ambitious one, a table runner. I'd really like to get on with my projects so that I could clear my current projects but I still have to gather my wits to do that. I also have a lot of (online) work on my hands now so I just have a little spare time, about 2 to 3 hours before bedtime. Nothing's impossible, or so I say -- it's just time management. But oftentimes the lazy bug just bites and I end up just sitting on the couch before bedtime

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm still working on the "ugly blanket" I mentioned in the "What to do with scrap yarn?". It's coming along nicely, actually. I may just tuck it under the tree for hubby at Christmas. @giftedchild, I keep my project right next to my chair where I watch tv. It's the only place I sit to work on it and with it right there, it reminds me it need attention .

Post Thanks / Like
    A blessing in everything......
    Foot surgery has me stuck in the recliner for a week. The blessing is that I've finished some projects....2 shawls, one scarf, and the scrunchie/scarf set!! Yahoo!! Now, if I can just make myself finish more instead of starting something new

Post Thanks / Like
    @Theresa L Same thing, I keep my stuff in a bag next to my chair in front of the tv. However, it still isn't enough for me I notice that I am more alert when I have projects that I do for the first time which I want to see finished right away. After that, though, I'm back to looking for new patterns online, which is one really bad habit of mine.
    @DonnaJN Yes indeed, there's always a blessing in everything. You've really accomplished a lot during the past week! I really have to look up to you guys for my inspiration with my projects. I'm happy for you!

Post Thanks / Like
    At this time I have two afghans going, dish cloths, hat and yesterday I started learning the Reversible Cable scarf pattern that I found on Allfreecrochet, sent in by treasuresmadefromyarn.com. I just can't get them all done fast enough some days....hah.

I have a question for everyone.....do others rewrite crochet patterns as I do? I often simplify a pattern. Following a written pattern stitch by stitch can sometimes be a bit much to me, so I rewrite it to read something like.....make a DC in next 4 stitches, it is easier to follow then reading it stitch by stitch. I also tweek my patterns often, does anyone else do that and I change them up slightly.
    Happy stitching.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Judi Gums - I'm dyslexic and everything gets garbled so I generally re-write the patterns just so I can read them.

I type the pattern into a 3 column spreadsheet in landscape mode. 1st column is the beginning of the row, 2nd column is the repeating part of the row, 3rd column is the end of the row. Each different row in the pattern gets its own row in the spreadsheet. If there is room at the end, I have lots of little columns to mark off each row when it's finished. This is especially helpful if the pattern has more than 2 rows in the pattern because I never can figure out which row I'm on if I get interrupted!

If that explanation doesn't make sense, let me know and I'll try to post a spreadsheet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great idea DonnaJN. I use a post it note to mark under each row as I go also, helps me to keep my place better. It is rather confusing when they go stitch by stitch at times.

I like post it notes to make notes on a pattern also as I go.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am always working on more than one project at a time. Currently, I have a baby quilt, burp pads, bibs and changing pad in the works (sewing and embroidery project), crocheted shoes and hats for my granddaughter, crib sheets and blankets (sewing), 2 crochet scripture afghans ( 4 hire just getting started on today gathering yarn), Family calendar for Christmas presents (photography and scrapbooking) and a baby layette (sewing) for hire project. I am retired and live alone, so I like to stay busy. Oftentimes I get distracted by something new or cute I want to try, so I switch between sewing, crochet, scrapbooking, embroidery just to keep my mind occupied. It (my mind) is like a bottomless pit....always wanting more. I just like to make stuff. There is a certain satisfaction I get from seeing the finished product that nothing else fills for me. I especially love the responses from the recipients of the things I make. In over 30 years (been sewing, crocheting since I was 8 years old...for hire since 12), I have never advertised anything....word of mouth keeps me very, very busy. I just love what I do. Not to mention, it's a good way to make a few dollars on the side, though I don't consider myself a business, as I think that would take all the fun out of it if I needed to make a living from it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow you guys are pros! I am currently doing super mini projects (hahaha.. i dont knw what else to call it as compared to you guys!) like bookmarks and bracelets. Ever since I gave away a batch of VERY SIMPLE bookmarks from scrap yarns, some students and friends have come up and asked me to make friendship bracelets. >> I ended up selling some bracelets for a very small fee so I'm happy about the extra income that I get. Every cent counts.. haha. I need to save up for Christmas some gifts! Also I'm planning to give some of these this during Christmas especially to others (people who aren't that very close to me but I feel like I'm obligated to give them a gift coz I don't want them to feel left out or offended..) coz I'm on a tight budget. Crocheting a gift is much cheaper and more efficient for me

Currently I'm making a batch of 5 bracelets and I'm looking for good patterns on the net for bangles.. I'm really excited with the prospect of making Jewelry out of crocheting. So that's my projects so far.