Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: Update on Laura

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,
    I'm sorry. I'll be praying for you and Laura. Remember, GOD IS IN CONTROL. HE LOVES YOU BOTH. GOD WILL SEE YOU THROUGH. HE IS WITH YOU!!!!! Try not to worry. Tell Laura not to worry.

Jean Marie ♥

Give your burden to the LORD and leave it there. When we trust and never doubt HE WILL SURELY BRING US OUT. Take your burden to the LORD and Leave it there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Jean Marie I appreciate your prayers so much. I am a little better today PTL I haven't been this sick for a long time I am so thankful the Lord has kept me able to help Laura. I called her nurse this morning and she said Laura had a pretty good night and is ok today. They think she has a UTI !!! I hope they can knock that out of her soon. Thanks again love you Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,
    You were sick yourself? Are you sleeping better? Is Laura in a nursing home with a rehabilitation center?
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and has made the Lord his hope and confidence. Jeremiah 17:7

A Time to Think

Faith draws the poison from every grief, takes the sting from every loss, and quenches the fire of every pain; and only faith can do it. –J. G. Holland, writer

A Time to Act

Ask God to stay with you in difficult situations and affirm that He is helping you now.

A Time to Pray

Lord, hold onto me as I go forward with faith in You.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, wends evening Gateway rehab HOSP where Laura was called to tell me they sent Laura to the emergency room again. They couldn't keep her oxy levels up her nurse told me this morning they are treating her for a UTI and that she had a decent night and morning. While I was in the ER with Laura waiting for test results (for 5 hours) i went back to the restroom and was the really sick I almost passed out in the hall. They got me on a bed and started checking me out. Blood work showed high white count and with my severe stomach pain the did a scan and I have colitis. I have had it before but not for years and never this bad. I had to be in the ER all night my daughter got me home about 7:30 I had spent the night with Laura the night before and didn't sleep (Tues) night either. I haven't heard any more test results on Laura yet or on the tests they did on me but I think I would have heard if it was bad news. Thank you for praying and caring love you Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so sorry you're sick, too, Winnie, on top of everything else you've got going on right now. I would think colitis can flare up from extreme stress?? I know you're not sleeping well. Can you take something to help you to sleep? It might make all the difference for you. If you can't take something over the counter, call your ER doctor and see if he'll give you a prescription for something that will help you to sleep.

I learned all about extreme stress when my kids were little and I was a single mom. I'd get so overwhelmed and I learned that I had to make sleep my number one priority. Getting enough rest for myself had to be more important than anything else. If I didn't get enough sleep, I just couldn't cope with all the stress, and then I'd get sick. Getting enough sleep was difficult to do, but I learned that I just had to, for everyone's sake, including my own. It was how I kept my sanity in the middle of everything going on. And it's not being selfish!

I know it sounds easier said than done, with all your responsibilities right now. But girl, you have got to take good care of yourself! If you don't, you might really end up down and I know you don't need that right now.

Try not to think far ahead. Just deal with things as they come up and focus your energy there, in the moment. This is not a permanent situation, it's only temporary.

I don't mean to sound harsh, not at all!!! I know from experience that sometimes we just need someone to tell us what to do.

I'll continue to send out my prayers for Laura, and for you too.

Love,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley, I did get some rest yesterday and today bc I was too sick and weak to get out. I have had this before and yes stress is a big part of it but this time there's a lot of infection also. It just seems like it's something new everyday. Today Laura said she couldn't eat bc she couldn't swallow and refused her meds for the same reason. But her nurse just now was able to get her to take them with ice cream. This is weird bc she didn't have this problem Tues or Wends. I'm afraid Laura has been through so much and been through so much pain she's ready to give up!!! I just pray the Holy Spirit will minister to her right now and give her hope back and give her peace that she will get better. Thank you for listening love you Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry to hear about all of this Winnie, praying for you and Laura. Please get yourself rested because I read what Shelley said about lack of sleep, and it's more true than I ever knew. My oxygen was going to the low 70's so I stopped breathing at night, it was freaking my poor husband out so I got 4 sleep studies over an extended period just to be able to sleep enough for them to get the info they needed for the study, and ended up with CPAP machine this week. I never slept so good and they think it will help the Pulmonary problems that have really been wreaking havoc on my body. Sorry, enough about me but I was hoping to encourage you with things I've just recently learned about myself and how one thing can lead to many new issues. love susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Winnie, I'm glad you're able to get some needed rest. I pray that you and Laura will both feel better today, and that it will be a good day for you both. I'm sending out prayers of peace and healing for both of you. I know this is all such a worry for you. My heart is with both you and Laura today.

Love,
    Shelley

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Winnie,
    I pray you and Laura are both doing better today and that you both got some much-needed rest last night.
    I pray you both will be better each day.
    Love & Prayers, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!