Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Need Clarification

Hi,
    Am trying to make some booties and was doing pretty good
    til I came across this
    Rnd 4: Ch2, ch1 and hdc in same st *skip next st, then work a v stitch in next st*, repeat from * to * around, join final v st to first with sl st. This row and rows 5 to 8 form the toe area of the bootie.

I do not understand ch1 hdc insame st.
    Can I just do a CH3 and hdc in the same st.
    Appreciate a reply
    thanks
    vina

Post Thanks / Like
    Ch2. Then in the next stitch, simply make 1 chain and form a hdc and go into that same stitch to finish up the hdc. Then skip the next stitch, then work a V-sitch which should be explained in the pattern not, and repeat your v-stiches.

NO, don't do a ch3 and hdc, it will mess you up, just chain one and go directly into an hdc by after making the one chain, yo, go into that next stitch, pull yarn thru, and pull thru all 3 loops, using that one stitch for the 2 steps of a ch1 and an hdc. !

Make sense? Let me know! Message me on my fb page for faster help: https://www.facebook.com/crochet.by.susans.soul.shines

3. Likes missro007 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan,
    Thanks for the response. how wuld I make a chain in the next st.
    Do I do an sc first then ch1 then hdc. I understand up to CH2 .
    I am not sure how to proceed.
    your guidance is very much appreciated
    dvina

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dvina View Post
    Hi Susan,
    Thanks for the response. how wuld I make a chain in the next st.
    Do I do an sc first then ch1 then hdc. I understand up to CH2 .
    I am not sure how to proceed.
    your guidance is very much appreciated
    dvina

No sc required. It's simply making a ch1 BEFOREe making a regular hdc as your next stitch. Look at it like this: you just did the previous stitch, then you chain 1, keep that on your hook, yo (yarn over the hook), make a hdc and place it in the next available stitch space (after your previous stitch), then carry on to the next stitch. That might be a better explanation... does that make more sense?! I hope so, but let me know, and I'm glad to help!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 03-20-2015 at 09:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, sorry to bother u am just new to crochet and eager to learn.
    I finished rnd 3 and sl st to first st. then I start rnd4 with CH2 it seems that there must be something before I do the ch1.
    my 'previous stitch' is the CH2. unless I am rnd4 wrong.
    tks for your support

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm, they don't say to make any other stitch after the c h2, so I see none to make! It could be that she didn't realize how it sounds to the person making the piece. I mean, all we can do is make the stitches they instruct us to make! What is it you're making again? See my private message on here, ok?!

Post Thanks / Like
    could it be that the ch2, ch1, hdc is the first vstitch of the row, since the pattern tells you to ss to first vstitch at the end to join?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crochet4c View Post
    could it be that the ch2, ch1, hdc is the first vstitch of the row, since the pattern tells you to ss to first vstitch at the end to join?
    Might as well be, because that row and all others startt w/ ch2, and the next st is ch 1, hdc in (next) st - that's al you CAN do! It's a crocodile st pattern and most aren't meant for beginner level. I suggested she might want to try some easier patterns for these, but it's up to her of course if she wants to try his one!