Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  14
Page 7 of 11 First ... 56789 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Winnie.

Post Thanks / Like

I Think I got it!

I Think I finally got it! Thank you for your help, advice, encouragement, and taking the time to give these things♥. I have managed to get some thread crocheting started, as well as some baby blankets so I can switch back when I get to tense. I've got the things together to block and,or starch as need, however, I have not done it yet so time will tell soon. I'm sure I will come up with more questions as I go along. At this point I can not remember who told me that good lighting was important so just to for information know I bought a magnifying floor lamp from amazon which works wonder for the small stitches.♥
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

3. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes Nova55 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have doubled the bedspread weight thread to make it thicker and yes it will be bigger, I usually make baby dresses so it doesn't matter if it is bigger.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so happy for you. The excitement in your post makes me want to start something new. Good luck and keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great Ladyella for getting the lamp. I dont dare as hubby thinks I have good light---men?? Im glad your getting help you want & any thing dont hesitate to ask. Have a Wonderful EASTER !

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like

Men

Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Great Ladyella for getting the lamp. I dont dare as hubby thinks I have good light---men?? Im glad your getting help you want & any thing dont hesitate to ask. Have a Wonderful EASTER !

Susan2014
    Maybe he should try to crochet something in that light. Men just don't get some things. My husband was all for it, anything to help me as I had a retinal detachment a few years ago and right now hr has a cataract so he has his own problem. But I find men don ' t get a lot of things.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyella View Post
    I Think I finally got it! Thank you for your help, advice, encouragement, and taking the time to give these things♥. I have managed to get some thread crocheting started, as well as some baby blankets so I can switch back when I get to tense. I've got the things together to block and,or starch as need, however, I have not done it yet so time will tell soon. I'm sure I will come up with more questions as I go along. At this point I can not remember who told me that good lighting was important so just to for information know I bought a magnifying floor lamp from amazon which works wonder for the small stitches.♥
    Hi Ladyella,
    I'm glad you got your new lamp. I bought an OttLite for myself to crochet by. It really helps me see the stitches and it keeps the colors true. I used a 50% off coupon, so it wasn't too expensive. Since I also take crochet work to our boat in the summer, I went to Jo-Ann's and bought myself a second OttLite to leave on the boat, so I don't have to transfer a light back and forth every weekend and be afraid of breaking it. Sometimes you just have to pamper yourself!! My husband agreed I needed both of them. He's a gem!!

~~ Hugs, Jo
    Last edited by dancingbaehr; 04-03-2015 at 08:24 AM. Reason: spelling
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband uses the Ottelite to watch TV until he has cataract surgery in June, but I do like the magnification of the floor lamp as well. It really helps, even to read small print!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone, I'm just curious how many use the magic circle, loop, or whatever you call it? I forget how to do it quite often, I need a refresher so I have to look it up .

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it whenever I want the center to be closed. I use the three chain ring the most often.