Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  14
Page 5 of 11 First ... 34567 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Sweet Ladyella I love the Ruffle Doily and turquoise. Dont toss. Every Boo has a Bow?? Can use for something, save for a short time & see.??
    A Beautiful Thing is Never Perfect

So yes, I have them still.
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Ms Dale.I think you are right. I'm trying to hard, so I will try to relax ♥

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to you too, sapphire43, I do plan to block it and with a little starch. I think I like the ruffle edge ♥

Post Thanks / Like
    I use size 10 Thread and a 1.5mm (7) Steel Hook. Maybe try these sizes and see if it's any better for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    You use thread for doilies, bedspread mainly. Use mostly size 10 thread (unless the pattern calls for something else). The stitches are the same as for yarn most of the time. Usually the pattern gives you instructions for any special stitches. Smaller hooks are used of course. Try to find patterns that use single crochet, double crochet, or treble. They usually the easiest to begin with. Threads come on many colors, so you can make the same pattern many times in many colors and it will look different. Good luck.

6. Thanks Ladyella thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi caroeker, thank you for your advice, every little bit helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday I went out shopping and bought a ball (?) of size 10 crochet thread (2750 yards), as well as yarn for several baby blankets. I've been concentrating on trying to use thread but I need to do other project to relax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a thought - I used Artiste size 5 acrylic crochet thread for a cowl and I love it! As far as I know it is Hobby Lobby's brand, but it's quite reasonable with the coupons they offer. It has a wonderful sheen, and you use a slightly larger hook with it. I used a C (2.75mm), but the label calls for a B. It blocks beautifully and is much softer than the size 10 cotton, although for a doily I would still use the cotton.

10. Thanks Ladyella thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nova55, Thank you for the information, I'll have to see if it available here. I do find size thread 10 stiff (Aunt Lydia's brand) when trying to use it. I also got a Size 3 in Aunt Lydia's thread which seem softer and a size 5 Bernat Handicrafter Crochet thread that sound much like the on you use. I'm just trying different ones out, and in the mean time continue on with my yarn projects.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm curious how or what do you use to block you finished items on. If you are doing a pattern with motifs, do you block each separately?