Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  14

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Overwhelmed with the spirt of generosity

Thank you all for you kind words. I have not been on the site as I've been working with.................yep your right! Doilies.
    Ms. Dale I have heard of using more than one regular thread and as they drop off a new color was added. It was absolutely gorgeous. I came across one made with 3 colors of regular thread .
    karenlatlas you are right about the lighting, I changed the lights yesterday. I have trouble seeing small things anyway.
    I want to thank Winnie 2013, crochetdiva, susansoulshines, for all their advice.
    Saffire43 suggested I tried coasters, no go.... however I think its the light and night vision (Lol). I plan to re do the coaster and post both so you all can see where the advice helped.
    Trueblue2007 I received a lot and it all different advice and every little bit helps. I love your crocheted dolls. So thank you all, Its starting to shape up. I can a least hold the thread and hook

Congratulations to dvina for winning the February contest.
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

2. Thanks trueblue2007 thanked for this post
    Likes karenlatlas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Trial & Error with thread

Thread Tips please-cream-jpgThread Tips please-jpgThread Tips please-img_0658-jpgHi To all crafty people ♥ whom gave me different advice. Sizes of threads, hooks, the need for better lighting, tension and examples of their work. Well, here is some of my attempts. I definitely have trouble with certain colors and the light. I have trouble counting and make mistakes especially on the off white colors. I still have tension problems but they are getting better. The doily in the center was easier because the stitches did not need to be so tight. I ripped out a lot of work and my hook help that by getting caught in the thread. The doilies are made with size 5 thread, but can't remember which hook I used because I was forever trying different ones. Even managed to stab myself (LOL)!
    PS: you only see the best(?), the rest hit the recycle bin. Please, if you have time critique the work as much as you can so I can continue to improve. I haven't decided if I should make the middle doily flat or leave it with a ruffled look. Thanks!

4. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet Ladyella I love the Ruffle Doily and turquoise. Dont toss. Every Boo has a Bow?? Can use for something, save for a short time & see.??

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Sweet Ladyella I love the Ruffle Doily and turquoise. Dont toss. Every Boo has a Bow?? Can use for something, save for a short time & see.??
    A Beautiful Thing is Never Perfect

So yes, I have them still.