Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  14
Page 4 of 11 First ... 23456 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like
    Your work looks good for just starting and if you want it shaped better than Block it. I always Block my work, it makes the unevenness go away. Not sure if your familiar with blocking but all you have to do is spray the item with water then lightly shape it and pin it down so it keeps its correct shape until it dry. Easy! You can also use starch in place of water if you want the stiffness to stay longer. ��

2. Likes sapphire43 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with tazzdh about blocking your work. It will make your piece look really nice. I also use a little spray starch on some of my pieces and it does help them to keep their shape and look nice longer. Your work looks good for a beginner. Just keep on with your practice and you'll soon be happy with your own work.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope and prayers are my bread and butter. They keep me going.

5. Likes Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi experts, I've been trying different patterns with thread but my hook slip a lot of the time, Why?
    LadyellaONE DAY AT A TIME

Post Thanks / Like
    Ladyella, I went back and looked at the coasters you posted earlier. It it possible your tension (how loose or tight you hold your thread) is too loose. You might try to hold it a little tighter. If you think it is a problem with the hook slipping in your hand, you can always try one of the foam cushions for hooks so that you hook doesn't slip in your hand which can cause the thread to come off. You are doing very well and if you persist, one day it will all "click" for your. I love thread crochet and am so happy when a newcomer learns to make beautiful things with thread.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Thread Tips please-img_0663-jpg

I have tried different patterns with thread and it seem that if the pattern is made with numerous stitches close together I can not count them correctly. A few years ago I had a retinal detachment, lucky most of my vision was saved, however I have some depth perception damage and I think that may be the problem. Has anyone tried to use the magnifying glass that you can buy? I posted 2 photo of the same pattern to see if any has any comments. I may have to stick with larger items.

Post Thanks / Like
    What size hook are you using?

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet Ladyella I love the Ruffle Doily and turquoise. Dont toss. Every Boo has a Bow?? Can use for something, save for a short time & see.??

Post Thanks / Like
    My mom used to fuss at me because she said I tried to be a perfectionist in every thing I did the first time. She told me to relax and enjoy the process of learning, don't obsess so much. Only you will see your mistakes.
    Relax and don't give up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi tazz, the white one I used a 3.25mm hook, thread size 5. The turquoise one is made with the same size thread but 3.50mm hook. Thanks