Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Linda, was the nylon thread difficult to work with? Was it slippery on your hook?

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it was very slippery. I had to go slower to make sure the thread stayed on the hook and pulled on through. It was work to keep the correct tension, because if I lost the loop it would easily unravel several previous stitches. Had to grip with my left hand fingers near the previous stitch to prevent losing a stitch. Took a little more patience. But worth it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda D. Mitzner View Post
    Yes it was very slippery. I had to go slower to make sure the thread stayed on the hook and pulled on through. It was work to keep the correct tension, because if I lost the loop it would easily unravel several previous stitches. Had to grip with my left hand fingers near the previous stitch to prevent losing a stitch. Took a little more patience. But worth it.
    Well I'm glad you stuck with it because you have a truly beautiful finished doily! I have some silky bamboo yarn that is the same way to work with. Even so, I still like it lol.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's fun to work with new threads(if they are affordable). Would love to find a similar thread again but haven't had time and I don't have many shopping options except hobby lobby and Wal-Mart, and a couple high end yarn shops that you have to take a loan out to even buy something there. Ha!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty. I have several that I've made but don't know how to post pictures with an IPAD to show them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Crabtree! I just experimented until I found a way to post a picture and I still have trouble. One time it will download from my photo app, then next time not, so I now have to go through a different app. Sometimes it just doesn't work at all.