Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    I find that by keeping a notebook with my projects it allows me to add things I would like to make. Of course, being retired it gives me the opportunity to spend lots of time reading and reviewing potential projects. I am sure once you have finished home schooling three children, it will free you up just enough to be able to sit down, relax, and read and make a note as to projects you find interesting and might want to try sometime in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Get your patterns together and number them in the order that you want to make them. I also put another copy of the pattern with the yarn that I want to use for that project.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I see it online, I bookmark it with description of project. If the pattern is is a book, I copy it (only for myself, not to sell)for the appropriate folder in my projects drawer. If the project (like the angry-bird hat in today's forum) is made in passing, I write the name and method (loom, knit) so I can look it up later when I'm looking for a project.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just really getting started since I retired. I have a folder on my computer where I have saved free patterns that I have downloaded and a pocket folder on my desk with the ones I've printed out. I'm doing well to keep up with what I have done so far and am trying to make notes as to how I changed the pattern, yarn, who I made it for etc. Obviously the pocket folder won't last long so I'll probably go to notebooks. I'm already known as the bag lady because I have a bag for church, a bag for music, a bag for Girl Scouts, and now probably bags for crochet.

5. Likes Judi Gums, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    On my computer, I have a folder called Crochet where I keep all my crochet information. I have sub-folders for all the different categories including one named helpful info. In this, I keep a list of future projects and notes about it. As new projects come up, I move projects around keeping the most important on top.

7. Likes Judi Gums, N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by featherfarm View Post
    On my computer, I have a folder called Crochet where I keep all my crochet information. I have sub-folders for all the different categories including one named helpful info. In this, I keep a list of future projects and notes about it. As new projects come up, I move projects around keeping the most important on top.
    I also keep files and notes on the computer but this sounds a little more in depth than my system. I may have to modify mine. Thanks!

9. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I need to print every pattern I have on the computer and put them in a notebook. I keep losing patterns because they have weird download names

11. Likes N/A liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    change the names so you know what they are

13. Likes N/A, momof2 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaJN View Post
    I think I need to print every pattern I have on the computer and put them in a notebook. I keep losing patterns because they have weird download names
    You can change the name when you download them and save them. Or you could go back through and rename them. If it's a big undertaking, just do a few every day.

Post Thanks / Like
    feather and Theresa,

ROFL! Mea culpa - I didn't explain myself very well!! A weird download name can be something like redshawl.pdf or xyz123.pdf. It doesn't tell me anything and MS won't let me use a meaningful name. Given my druthers, I would name the first one "shawl.dk.lace.triangle.pdf" - and maybe add a few more descriptives. But, since I can't do that and haven't been a print person for over 20 years, I'll probably just stick to Evernote. At least I can add the qualifiers that make sense to me and filter the patterns that way.

In Evernote, the patterns are in separate notebooks with lots of notes. Queued projects are in their notebook, finished projects with a picture and pertinent information are in their own notebook. Each pattern has tags such as shawl, lace, triangle, dk, baby, accessory, mitten, blanket, etc.
    Last edited by DonnaJN; 05-21-2012 at 07:12 PM.

16. Likes N/A liked this post