Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like
    you SCORED!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow what a haul!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you just enter craigslist one word in your search bar then choose your state and area. Great find.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mttoni View Post
    I checked Craig's list last week to see if there was any yarn for sale and I found a package deal with an assortment of Caron simply soft of 15 skiens (8 brand new), two pounds skiens, a few wool skiens, 6 Sugar and Creme, and 3 crochet threads. Some of the skeins are new and unused and others half used.
    Total cost $25.00!!!! I'm very excited! I got home today and sorted everything and now my mind is overwhelmed with ideas! LoL Toni
    Ps... I tried to upload a photo but it is not working!

woo hoo, good for you - what a deal! Lots of people do this all over, my first ever yarn was from craigslist, I met the lady with 2 other people at Burger King parking lot, bought a bunch of yarn for 40.00 - of course I knew nothing about yarn and was about to learn crochet, but she gave me a great deal I learned later. Amazon, e-bay, many places do this everyone!! Search a general searvh engine search to cover every place and just sit and look. Ravelry has a group for this kind of thing even!!

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW What a find. Congrads.

Post Thanks / Like
    You got a good deal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations to you! Enjoy!~Butterflyrose~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! I have also received yarn donations from various sources. I do a lot of crochet for charity - chemo caps, preemie caps, prayer shawls, lapghans, etc. - and, at 1 point I was desperate for yarn without any income. One of the most productive things that I did was to post in my status on my facebook account that I was doing a great deal of crochet for charity and that I would be grateful for any donations and that I would gladly pay the shipping costs to get it to me. I received some "scrap" yarn that was truly beautiful. Old yarn that was hanging around friends houses, skeins that were left over from projects that were completed, yarn that was purchased years ago but was never and would never be used, plus I got gift cards to A.C. Moore, Michael's, and Hobby Lobby from people who didn't have yarn but who wanted to give something to help my cause. I have committed to making every other project that I do for gifting to charity. When you let friends and family know your need, they will surprise you with their generosity!
    "We cannot do any great things. We can do only small things with great love."
    Mother Theresa

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    So happy for you! redhead

BTW...How do you get on Craig's list? Is it just Craig'slist.com?
    craigslist.com Patty. You can look for your local area or anywhere else. You can also check amazon and ebay without even joining, just do a search for yarn, yarn sales, free yarn, cheap yarn, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KathyL. View Post
    Freecycle sometimes has yarn. I have put up notices in laundromat and churches also asking for unwanted yarns.
    So many people talk about finding such good things from freecycle... I've never seen a darn good thing on there. Everybody must beat me to it!