Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

received some 'replacement' yarn from caron...

well, got the replacement yarn from caron yesterday...what a joke! i guess they didn't have to send it, and actually, they could have saved the postage... i had bought a One Pound (16oz) Baby and 4, 6oz Simply Soft skeins... i was sent 3, 3.5 oz Simply Baby skeins... the joke is...it is probably worse than the yarn i bought...:o( all three skeins came out separated, as if the twisting machine stopped twisting every few inches...
    but by golly they tried...:o/

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess you have to give them credit for trying but it still must be a disappointment. Have never purchased Caron yarn but have been tempted by those one pounders. Thanks to you I won't waste my money. If nothing else you have "spread the word" about the poor quality of this yarn. Hope your next project will be less discouraging.

3. Likes cheri54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cheri54 View Post
    well, got the replacement yarn from caron yesterday...what a joke! i guess they didn't have to send it, and actually, they could have saved the postage... i had bought a One Pound (16oz) Baby and 4, 6oz Simply Soft skeins... i was sent 3, 3.5 oz Simply Baby skeins... the joke is...it is probably worse than the yarn i bought...( all three skeins came out separated, as if the twisting machine stopped twisting every few inches...
    but by golly they tried.../
    Not hard enough!

5. Likes cheri54 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used Caron One Pound and haven't had any major trouble (so far). Sorry to hear that the replacement was worse. And I agree, they didn't try hard enough.

Roe

7. Likes cheri54 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cheri54 View Post
    well, got the replacement yarn from caron yesterday...what a joke! i guess they didn't have to send it, and actually, they could have saved the postage... i had bought a One Pound (16oz) Baby and 4, 6oz Simply Soft skeins... i was sent 3, 3.5 oz Simply Baby skeins... the joke is...it is probably worse than the yarn i bought...( all three skeins came out separated, as if the twisting machine stopped twisting every few inches...
    but by golly they tried.../
    I would send it right back to them again. If they don't know they have a problem with their manufacturing then someones got to tell them. If they don't know it, they can't fix it.

9. Likes jakesgrandma, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sending it back sounds like a super idea! Wish I had thought about it. Would be happy to contribute to postage. imalefty

11. Likes cheri54 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I buy the pounder in yellow to make my minion hats and I have not run into any problems as of yet.

13. Likes cheri54 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the heads-up. And yes I agree, send the replacements back!

15. Likes cheri54 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds to me that Caron sends replacement yarns that have been returned for being defective. With certain brands, I sometimes get a bad skein with a lot of flaws in it. It always makes me so disgusted when that happens. Yarn isn't cheap and knowing that I've bought a defective skein always makes me so mad. I've never thought about complaining to the company, and insisting on either replacement skeins or a full refund. Maybe you can send back the second defective batch and insist that Caron issue you a full refund???

Shelley

17. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with everyone. Send it back and demand your money back. We do not get Caron here in Canada but this is definitely wrong. Yarn is too expensive as it is without having problems like this.

19. Likes cheri54 liked this post