Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by imalefty View Post
    Guess you have to give them credit for trying but it still must be a disappointment. Have never purchased Caron yarn but have been tempted by those one pounders. Thanks to you I won't waste my money. If nothing else you have "spread the word" about the poor quality of this yarn. Hope your next project will be less discouraging.

what is the average cost of the pound sizes anyone? I've loved that yarn every time so far! Depends on where it's coming from maybe? Cheri you just got a bad deal all around, and that's not right. I hope that company can prove they can do better.

2. Thanks cheri54 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You must be disappointed. I have used the 'one pound' skeins before and they do have problems thru the skeins. I've used making throws-afghans. Can always cut out the bad places if you find good deal on them.

4. Likes cheri54 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CHARCREATES View Post
    I would send it right back to them again. If they don't know they have a problem with their manufacturing then someones got to tell them. If they don't know it, they can't fix it.
    oh, i told them...lol told them to check their 'quality control' people and their machines as what they sent was worse than what i bought. haven't heard back from them...hahaha, go figure...

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for your support everyone. but i just don't have the 'oomph' to deal with the stress it gives me. i'd rather be a happy camper with crappy yarn than fight with those who don't have the 'integrity' gene in their makeup...

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought this yarn to make an afghan for my daughter and her husband for Christmas. I didn't have any problems with it and I used 2 one pound skeins!!! I was so thankful bc I have many times bought yarn that was really knotted inside and I didn't have time for that!!!! I bought it at Michaels.. It was 9.99 but I used a 50% coupon each time so it only cost 9.99 for both skeins and they loved their afghan. I made it extra big as it is their snuggle afghan!!! Love Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,
    I have used many different types of yarn including Caron One Pounders, Caron Simply Soft, and Caron Baby Simply Soft and have actually found them to be among my favorite yarns to work with - particularly the Simply Soft varieties, but the One Pounders are definitely the best value. I have run into "problem skeins" from time to time - usually Red Heart and usually knots in the middle of the skein where they tied 2 or more ends together. I really HATE that! But most of the time when I run into problems with a skein of yarn I take it back to the store where I bought it and they either give me a credit or swap the skein. It does sound as though Cheri54 ran into the "Perfect Storm" of yarn problems though, and that's really too bad. Caron should have been more caring in their customer service and more effective in their solution!
    "We cannot do any great things. We can do only small things with great love."
    Mother Theresa

Post Thanks / Like
    I am using Caron pounder right now and not having any problems with it. I would send it back showing them exactly what is wrong with it. Hopefully they will replace it with good yarn.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SusansSoulShines;159281]what is the average cost of the pound sizes anyone? I've loved that yarn every time so far! Depends on where it's coming from maybe? Cheri you just got a bad deal all around, and that's not right. I hope that company can prove they can do better.[/QUOTE]

In my area, depending on the store, they range from $8.99 to $9.99 per one pounder for Caron. Lion Brand pound of love is also $9.99. The 14 oz size of Red Heart Super Saver (hard to find) goes for $7.99.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I became very upset when making those Sashay scarves. The skeins of yarn were so costly, then would have a lot of flaws or knots connecting the odd ends. I feel the yarn should be first quality, if they want to sell it at 'first rate prices'. That's why I'm always skeptical of the mill ends, but I've had fewer knots and flaws in them, than the other.
    katy

12. Likes yayamama liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Katy, I agree. First rate prices for poor quality? Not a good business practice. They should sell the defective skeins as mill ends. Then at least you know there's something about it when you buy it.