Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last

Post Thanks / Like

2. Likes gypsyfeet liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Question A layered look without the sleaves

? for those of you who make shrugs-layered-shrug-jpg

Want something with layered look in front. Open front, No sleaves

Post Thanks / Like
    You just saved me hours of work. I sewed the wrong ends together..just need to pick out stitches and fold the other way. Thank you very much. Will make more now. Thanks for everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alexsmom51@yahoo.com View Post
    Hi cheri54 I made this one for myself is all in DC it came out very nice and comfy, it drappes very well and because I am not slim i was impressed by the looks of it I am very happy hope you like the idea -
    I have seen this pattern and wondered if it would look good on me because I also am not a slim woman. I am glad that you posted it. Now I have to go thru my stash and see what I have. I don't go to work until Monday, so I hope that I can make a big dent in this project.

Thanks for sharing!

6. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Completed Shrugs...

Thanks for all the instructions and the great posts. Just finished mine. Made one for my cousin (large) and one for my grandchild (had to modify for size), and a Xmas one for ? whoever it fits...lol. Pics don't really don't do them justice but putting them up anyway. Plus I have no model as they are Xmas gifts. The one that looks blue is actually Teal with silver running through it, and the Xmas one has a lot of glitter thread in it. The one I did for my grandchild I used Bernat Softee Baby yarn. It is so nice and soft, really fluffy, I have a hard time keeping my hands off of it, I just love the feel of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images ? for those of you who make shrugs-grandchildshrugiii-jpg ? for those of you who make shrugs-largeshrugi-jpg ? for those of you who make shrugs-xmass-shrug-jpg 

8. Likes gypsyfeet, Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good Job, I made two more, I love making these, yours look very nice specially the blue one(blue is my fav color)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, wish I would have had a mannequin (do now).

Post Thanks / Like

!!

Quote Originally Posted by lehmankm View Post
    Thanks for all the instructions and the great posts. Just finished mine. Made one for my cousin (large) and one for my grandchild (had to modify for size), and a Xmas one for ? whoever it fits...lol. Pics don't really don't do them justice but putting them up anyway. Plus I have no model as they are Xmas gifts. The one that looks blue is actually Teal with silver running through it, and the Xmas one has a lot of glitter thread in it. The one I did for my grandchild I used Bernat Softee Baby yarn. It is so nice and soft, really fluffy, I have a hard time keeping my hands off of it, I just love the feel of it.
    These are great, you did good work with pretty colors! I like this kind more for me since they're not bulky!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alexsmom51@yahoo.com View Post
    I used the Homespun and it draped very nice but i suppose any soft bulky yarn will work.
    I'm going to use Caron's simply soft or a #3 DK weight, I don't want bulky, or need it, lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CHARCREATES View Post
    Any yarn at all will work for this shrug. Just follow the dimensions included in the pattern. I've made this pattern several times, once a little smaller for a very thin friend and once a bit larger for another friend. I have even added some length to the sleeves after assembly.

Try using a DC weight print yarn and a DC weight solid yarn in one of the colors to compliment the print. Crochet both yarns together as if using a bulky weight yarn. The friend who got this one gets so many compliments I almost want to steal it back from her. LOL
    I'm gonna go with a #3 DK weight most likely unless I can find a a really fine med 4 worsted. No bulk on tops for me!