Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: ponchos

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sassy0212 View Post
    Yes most definitely they are back in. I have had several people to ask me to make them one. I started on one using the pattern from lion bran (cozy cowl poncho) and got over half way through and ran out of my yarn and couldn't find it in any of my local stores (normally I could find it anywhere); therefore, I have ordered it online.
    now that is a nice one!!! looks warm....have fun making it...what color?
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennab View Post
    I am seeing a lot of ponchos being made this year and I have no desire to make one for myself. They were not my style in the 70's and they are not my style now. I would waste my time to make one.
    well ponchos aren't normally my thing either...but the picture grabbed me...I think I am more attracted to it because of the Native American flare it has...ponchos-poncho-brown-beautiful-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    painted desert in Lion brand thick and quick yarn. very pretty.

4. Likes Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very beautiful.......bravo!
    Marolie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marolie View Post
    Very beautiful.......bravo!
    Marolie
    You are very kind, but the picture above in not my work...I only have 1/3 complete...this is a picture from the internet of what I am making.....but yes it is beautiful who ever did this one...I only hope my comes out as well..LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    yeah I like green...I like earth tones....especially when my hair was still dark brown! ( right now my hair is all gray, hip length...yeah I am an old hippie LOL) I am Italian with olive skin so I tend to go towards the earth tones.
    The one you picked will be awesome with your hair and skin tone!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Attachment 11340

I bought the pattern for this one and ordered cotton in brown and tan...I am excited to do this...what do you think?
    Did you ever say, if you don't mind, how much this pattern was? Or did you buy that one from Ravelry that's similar but way out of proportion, and you're going to modify it to look more like the one in your posted pic? That's one oif the coolest ponchos I"ve ever seen in that pic!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Did you ever say, if you don't mind, how much this pattern was? Or did you buy that one from Ravelry that's similar but way out of proportion, and you're going to modify it to look more like the one in your posted pic? That's one oif the coolest ponchos I"ve ever seen in that pic!!
    Ravelry: Bohemian Chic Fringe Poncho pattern by Donna Cousin

this is the pattern...I am doing it in cotton and the picture on the pattern is in the caron simply soft. The pattern cost me $6.15. In one sitting, about 2 hours (of course getting up and down and doing other things....errrr because other people in the household need me....LOL) I am almost finished with the first square. The pattern at times is confusing but re reading it, it is understandable. I am making it like the picture I posted....