Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: ponchos

Post Thanks / Like
    Ravelry: Bohemian Chic Fringe Poncho pattern by Donna Cousin

I bought it from a designer on Raverly. here is the link...although the model in the picture I posted is wearing a Native American necklace that dangles in front of the poncho I am going to attach that to the poncho itself since I like the look. Most likely just a chain stitch since I don't wear leather nor feathers it will just be turquoise plastic beads....
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    At least you got something different, not the same one everyone else making! I'd make that one myself, it's truly unique. Where did you buy the pattern from if you don't mind me asking? I want one that drapes well, softly, but not the one with the big collar and typical granny square.

I saw the one on Ravelry, theirs doesn't look like the same poncho sometimes, I like the brown and cream you choose for sure! Looks much more rustic. What kind did you get Carons but in the colors of the pic you posted? I love the look of this one you posted a lot better than the ones they're modeling on Ravelry, must be the colors and the rustic look. The Caron's will make it flow so well, and drape properly, I wonder if the models on Ravelry used Carons? Well, it's out of my budget right now, I"m on fixed /broke income and it looks fairly easy,maybe I can run across a similar version for free online or in a 99 cent magazine like Happily Hooked. "I'm going to start stopping in at every thrift stores and any yard sales I can, hard to do when you don't drive, but you never know, everywhere I can go for Crochet Magazines and books to keep at home for reference. Great find Teri!
    This picture is from a site that is in Spanish...I downloaded the picture, enlarged it and came to the decision that it is made from cotton. The pattern suggest either the Caron Simply Soft or the Bernat Handicraft solids...I came to the conclusion that this picture is of the cotton because of the way the fibers look when I enlarged it and the colors do not come in the Caron Simply Soft. I ordered the cotton because the poncho looks way better on the picture I posted than on Raverly.....opps...sorry...but this is the look I am after...and I love the color choice in my picture...over what is on Raverly. So I am looking forward to making this. I ordered the cotton from Joannes Fabrics and they said it shipped so I am on my way!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Ravelry: Bohemian Chic Fringe Poncho pattern by Donna Cousin

I bought it from a designer on Raverly. here is the link...although the model in the picture I posted is wearing a Native American necklace that dangles in front of the poncho I am going to attach that to the poncho itself since I like the look. Most likely just a chain stitch since I don't wear leather nor feathers it will just be turquoise plastic beads....

I love that one in green ...I guess green is one of my favorite colors! XOXOXOXOXO, Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess ponchos are back...its been said fashion repeats it self. And yes I joined the bandwagon and made one for my granddaughter. I really like the one you choose Teri, that one is more modern and pretty..Sharon

5. Thanks Teri thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by redhead View Post
    I love that one in green ...I guess green is one of my favorite colors! XOXOXOXOXO, Patty
    yeah I like green...I like earth tones....especially when my hair was still dark brown! ( right now my hair is all gray, hip length...yeah I am an old hippie LOL) I am Italian with olive skin so I tend to go towards the earth tones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonO View Post
    I guess ponchos are back...its been said fashion repeats it self. And yes I joined the bandwagon and made one for my granddaughter. I really like the one you choose Teri, that one is more modern and pretty..Sharon
    Ohh thank you Sharon...

Joann's sent an email that my cotton has been shipped so I am excited to start it....although I am also working on a double wedding ring quilt for my daughter's friend's bridal shower which will be coming up soon. She will be married in June so I am assuming a May bridal shower...I do have to get a move on since I want the poncho for spring and summer camping nights

8. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay Yay...my cotton came from Joanns.....Brown for the poncho and Jute for the fringe....Starting the poncho!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    very pretty. show us some pictures when you get finished.

11. Likes Teri liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes most definitely they are back in. I have had several people to ask me to make them one. I started on one using the pattern from lion bran (cozy cowl poncho) and got over half way through and ran out of my yarn and couldn't find it in any of my local stores (normally I could find it anywhere); therefore, I have ordered it online.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Ponchos

I am seeing a lot of ponchos being made this year and I have no desire to make one for myself. They were not my style in the 70's and they are not my style now. I would waste my time to make one.