Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like everyone else I too have ripped apart a project or 50. All the above sujestions are great. May I also add, that sometimes it's ok to put your project to sleep for a while. Browse through other similar projects and it just might help spark something. As for the feel of the yarn, maybe an undershirt or the like could be used along w/ the project.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just finished the cardigan I had to redo, and it came out great. I used the spa yarn and it is easy to work with, however I can tell that it is not going to hold up as well as a better quality yarn like merino wool would. It is starting to fuzz a little. Any ideas on the best yarns to use or where to get them? I am starting a new project using natural fibers and hopefully a better yarn.

I am still going back and forth with Patons on the ripple vest, and I am determined to work through it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sep335 View Post
    I am so tempted to rip out all the project. I liked the working of the project but I don't like the finished feel of the project. It is just to heavy and stiff. I just can't decide if it is worth ripping the project apart to save the yarn.
    I am a ripper outter. If I don't like the end results, I will not wear to piece. I will start over and find out how to correct or change the pattern to achieve the results I'm looking for. I know it's frustrating and you feel you've wasted your time, but learning how to make the garment the way you want is most important to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a ripper outter. If I don't like the end results, I will not wear the piece. I will start over and find out how to correct or change the pattern to achieve the results I'm looking for. I know it's frustrating and you feel you've wasted your time, but learning how to make the garment the way you want is most important to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Ripping out and leftover yarn

I, too, have ripped out many things. In fact, a lot of times I start projects and get several inches and decide I do not like the look of it, or the feel of it. So, I try another pattern, or another yarn with that pattern. One thing that I have found is if the pattern just seems too heavy, or too thick, use a larger size of hook. This defintely changes to results, especially with thick yarn.

As far as using lefotver yarns, I recently used between 13 and 18 different yarns and made a poncho. The more different the yarn and the more different the texture, the prettier it became. It is absolutely gorgeous. And, had enough to make a hat to match it. Can't wait to wear it next winter. Happy crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    I love it when something just comes together like that. Good going.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by mclambv View Post
    I, too, have ripped out many things. In fact, a lot of times I start projects and get several inches and decide I do not like the look of it, or the feel of it. So, I try another pattern, or another yarn with that pattern. One thing that I have found is if the pattern just seems too heavy, or too thick, use a larger size of hook. This defintely changes to results, especially with thick yarn.

As far as using lefotver yarns, I recently used between 13 and 18 different yarns and made a poncho. The more different the yarn and the more different the texture, the prettier it became. It is absolutely gorgeous. And, had enough to make a hat to match it. Can't wait to wear it next winter. Happy crocheting!