Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 8 of 8 First ... 678
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with all of the frustrations that were sent in. I hate when I start a pattern and I get 3 or 4 rows done and all of a sudden I can't understand the pattern any longer. I try and try but the brain just won't work it out. Also, your right about the print being too small. What I do if I can, is copy the pattern on to a Word document and most of the time I can change the size and font to what I need, I only have one good eye and this really helps me to see it better.

Post Thanks / Like
    My most frustrating project has been a pineapple pattern table scarf. I get to a certain point & no matter how many times I try to do as the directions say, it doesn't turn out right. I've taken the scarf apart 3 times & started over but when I get to that certain point, I screw up again. I know it's not the pattern because a friend at church made one & after several tries she succeeded. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, so it's laid back until I can be patient with it again. It's really a beautiful scarf if I could get past that one part!

Post Thanks / Like

pgirsh

I would ask the lady at church to help me past that point. I was trying to make a pineable placemat and it would not do right. I asked a friend to make it and she could not do it either. She thought the pattern was wrong.

4. Likes grannycamper liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes it is easier for me to look at a picture that I have blown up on my computer to figure out a pattern that is confusing me.

Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by grannycamper View Post
    My most frustrating project has been a pineapple pattern table scarf. I get to a certain point & no matter how many times I try to do as the directions say, it doesn't turn out right. I've taken the scarf apart 3 times & started over but when I get to that certain point, I screw up again. I know it's not the pattern because a friend at church made one & after several tries she succeeded. I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, so it's laid back until I can be patient with it again. It's really a beautiful scarf if I could get past that one part!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know that frustration as well.. a couple of years ago I made an afghan from a 'crochet on the double' pattern and it turned out quite beautiful. I went to a family Xmas party where we played the White Elephant game and one of my nieces got my afghan...it was kind of thrown to the side and afterwards was accidently left behind when she went home... I was a little put out... (probably still am a little)... won't do that again...

Quote Originally Posted by Catdoll View Post
    I've been frustrated when I've taken the time to make something nice for someone, just to realize that they really don't appreciate the time or effort put into the project. Maybe I just need an attitued adjustment lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    For me right now is trying to find a "crochet only" pattern for a snug. Not a shawl but a simple snug without long sleeves, without a collar, without ruffles and one that partially covers the front without buttons. They can be bought ready made, but the ones i have found are expensive. I don't want a long one but maybe waist length in back. I'm not experienced enough to create my own. I have searched the net for three days and even the not-so-local JoAnn's and Wal Mart.
    Last edited by Cliffene; 03-22-2012 at 10:05 AM. Reason: incorrect word

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, not an attitude adjustment. There are certain people--relatives--that will never receive a gift I make AGAIN because they did not care enough to take care of them and gave them away or just did not use--put in a yard sale or trashed.

A very dear friend's daughter had given a beautiful afghan that took a long time to make and gave it to a step-sister, who did use it, but allowed the dog to sleep on. When the dog died the dog was buried in the afghan because it loved it so much. She then had the audacity to ask for another one. We learn the hard way.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Cliffene

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffene View Post
    Nope, not an attitude adjustment. There are certain people--relatives--that will never receive a gift I make AGAIN because they did not care enough to take care of them and gave them away or just did not use--put in a yard sale or trashed.

A very dear friend's daughter had given a beautiful afghan that took a long time to make and gave it to a step-sister, who did use it, but allowed the dog to sleep on. When the dog died the dog was buried in the afghan because it loved it so much. She then had the audacity to ask for another one. We learn the hard way.
    Seriously, I don't think people realize what an insult it really is when they devalue something we've crocheted. I too have had this happen more times that I even want to admit. I try not to let it, but deep down it really urks me. Unfortunately it's usually a loved one. I just keep remembering that it's my love for crocheting that is causing me to press on and crochet these beautiful creations not necessarily for them, but just because I love it and it makes me feel productive- like I've accomplished something special and unique...even if they don't see it or appreciate it I DO! And really whether they know it or not, whether they admit it or not I am crocheting into every creation I make a part of myself. A part of who I am, what I represent and what I stand for. No one else in the whole world can be me! Every thing I make is an original. No one can ever take my love of crochet from me and the gift God has given me to create. It is my choice to share that gift and bless others with it. I am very thankful and grateful.
    I don't think there are very many people who can understand this except fellow crocheters. They just plain don't understand what all we put into crocheting. It's not just money...shoot...it's everything inside of us...everything that we are. And you can't really explain it to a non-crocheter unless they experience it for themselves because they just cannot relate. Does that make sense? Heah, am I getting too deep? I guess it's my psych degree coming out of me again...my girls were forever telling me when they were growing up to stop psychoanalyzing them all the time...heah, I can't help it...it's a gift! LOL
    Angel

10. Likes Judi Gums liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello members,

We now have over 75 posts within this thread - so it will be closed. I will start a second thread for those who would like to add more comments regarding crochet frustrations - thanks for understanding!