Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

thrilled over being featured on a designer's blog post!

Hi everyone, I'm not sure when I last posted since I've been so sick this week with pain flare-up plus bronchitis, but I can finally eat today which helps a lot.... This is my new blog post that my subscriber list can't get due to server moves on my host, but fb, google+ and everywhere else can get it, so I hope you don't mind if I post it here. Some of you are subscribers, for which I thank you very much and I'm so sorry for all the problems, we're getting a new host signed up tomorrow, my husband and I both.

This new blog post of mine has the link in it from the blog site where I'm featured in a write-up by a designer who's become a great friend, Candy, of Meladora's Creations. She's just awesome.... I asked her to make a shawl video tutorial of a Lion Brand shawl called Water Fall shawl from a written pattern I couldn't get the hang of, and she did. We started talking a lot, she's such a nice person, so willing to help a beginner crochet blogger like me. I still have lot to learn but I am sure trying hard! Isn't that so nice when you meet all these nice people, like in here too, who share your love of crochet, and you have all these nice new friends too?!

Friday Flowers on Saturday! 9-10-15; I’m FEATURED on a crochet blog site!; Water Fall Shawl | Crochet By Susan's Soul Shines

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Likes sapphire43 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Susan, great post on your blog! I love the marigold flower chemo hat, the little flower is so cute and unique. And I especially love the Waterfall Shawl, it's beautiful!! You might want to let Candy know that the pattern link for the shawl doesn't work on her site. I'd love to be able to access the pattern for the shawl.

I hope you're feeling better today.

Shelley

4. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Shelley I love Sunflowers and this is 1st on my to do list. Shawl hmmmmm! will check that out. need to do me one. TY

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Good Afternoon on a cold yet nice sunny Winter in MN. Hope your warm? I know your hooks are. I just been on your Blog. And read & saved a few great Shawl, Flowers. Thank You for sharing.

Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan2014 View Post
    Hi and Good Afternoon on a cold yet nice sunny Winter in MN. Hope your warm? I know your hooks are. I just been on your Blog. And read & saved a few great Shawl, Flowers. Thank You for sharing.

Susan2014
    Thank you Susan, I'm glad you like the patterns. I love the crochet community as a whole because of people being able to help each other like we did on that situation, with the shawl I wanted to make & needed help with (heck yeah I ask for help, lol, I tried that one on my own but couldn't get it going for some reason - thank goodness she was willing & able to do that one! I have many I want to make and that one is nice and unique while not being too big like some others I plan to do), the shawl is a good piece for Candy to add to her video patterns, then she did her write-up, and then I often use her patterns and videos, as others do too, to help make my blog be what it should be to help others.

With some difficulty due to software problems, I got the link out to some people, sadly tho probably not my whole list of subscribers, but my husband & I are both going to have to change the software company that delivers my blog post links, since we've had too many problems with this company. Other people with this company have the same problems and I can't wait for them while my blog dies.

I'm now posting my pattern links on Craftsy, Crochet At Play and Crochet Pattern Bonanza, places like that. On Craftsy I'm Susan'sSoulShines and sometimes they leave of f the apostrophe and the s at the end. Anyway, it's a start and I have a long way to go, but I'm moving on along anyway, lol! Thx for the support ladies!

p.s. On some of those flowers, say a daisy and a sunflower, you can sometimes change colors and make 2 different flowers from one pattern!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 01-11-2015 at 03:50 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Hey Susan, great post on your blog! I love the marigold flower chemo hat, the little flower is so cute and unique. And I especially love the Waterfall Shawl, it's beautiful!! You might want to let Candy know that the pattern link for the shawl doesn't work on her site. I'd love to be able to access the pattern for the shawl.

Shelley
    Hi Shelley, I just checked the link from her blog and it's working! I went here: Meladoras Creation | Falling Water Shawl Video Tutorials - Meladoras Creation and it takes me to the youtube video tutorial of it, both left and right handed versions, and on the video she lists the written pattern under the video. I'm glad you like my post tho!! Let me know if this link is the one you clicked on for her shawl...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    Hi Shelley, I just checked the link from her blog and it's working! I went here: Meladoras Creation *|* Falling Water Shawl Video Tutorials - Meladoras Creation and it takes me to the youtube video tutorial of it, both left and right handed versions, and on the video she lists the written pattern under the video. I'm glad you like my post tho!! Let me know if this link is the one you clicked on for her shawl...
    Hey Susan, you're right, the links work. I just had a blonde moment... I have lots of those lol.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like

Shelley
    Hi Shelley, I just checked the link from her blog and it's working. I went here: Meladoras Creation *|* Falling Water Shawl Video Tutorials - Meladoras Creation and it takes me to the youtube video tutorial of the shawl as it should, both the left and right handed versions, and on the video she lists the written pattern under the video. Did you click on a different link?

I'm glad you like my post tho, and I'm having bouts of feeling a little better and can eat some food from time to time now! Thx for asking I get this every year, due to asthma and a terrible immunue system that I try to 'baby' but it seems to be like fighting a losing battle. Let me know if this link is the one you clicked on for her shawl...
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 01-11-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

not blonde moments, lol

Hey Susan, you're right, the links work. I just had a blonde moment... I have lots of those lol.

Shelley
    Nah, I have them too, we'll need to give them a new name! Sometimes tho the many different softwares I have to use now drives me
    i n s a n e! You wouldn't believe what I've had to learn the hard way, but thank goodness my husband builds websites and has taken time to teach me a lot!! I'm glad we're ok with the link

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the blog and I do get your emails about it too. Congrats on being featured on a designers blog post. Way to go!!!

Thanks for all you do with your blog. I know it takes time and I wish you continued good luck with it.

Roe